Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safe storage/lockers/temporary

Options
  • 23-04-2009 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'm looking for a locker or a safe place with a key where I can temporarily store some cash. Its nothing illegal, just a bit of a complicated situation. I'll only need it for about two weeks, so a safety deposit box in the bank isn't really worth it.

Are train station or bus lockers safe enough for this? Its not a lot of money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Put it into a bank or post office and take it out when you need it again.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Tbh I'd feel a lot safer putting it under my mattress than a locker in a train station ect. I've never heard of anywhere in Dublin that have lockers you can rent indefinitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

Sorry I forgot to mention that I also have a few small personal belongings that need storing, so the bank is not an option. I can't keep them in my house as I need to hide everything from my girlfriend. I'm planning her a surprise you see and she is very adapt at finding things :)

I don't have any friends in Ireland and I don't trust hers not to tell her.

Well you could try the self storage companies that have popped up all over the place. I see one when I'm heading south on the M50,I think it's around the santry area.Golden pages would have a few listed I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a place on the main road through rathmines called mailbox, they have pigeon holes for rent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sorry I forgot to mention that I also have a few small personal belongings that need storing, so the bank is not an option. I can't keep them in my house as I need to hide everything from my girlfriend. I'm planning her a surprise you see and she is very adapt at finding things :)

I don't have any friends in Ireland and I don't trust hers not to tell her.

Where do you live?

I'll take the stuff for you, and let you have it back when you want it.

Ask anyone here, I'm very trustworthy, I'm very well known around Boards.ie

Well, the offer is there if you want it. I work in town, so could meet you any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Des wrote: »
    Where do you live?

I'll take the stuff for you, and let you have it back when you want it.

Ask anyone here, I'm very trustworthy, I'm very well known around Boards.ie

Well, the offer is there if you want it. I work in town, so could meet you any time.

I'd trust Des.

So would I,although apparently his real name is the fox or hound or something,gangland type thing,you know yourself,keep it quite now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'd trust Des.

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'd trust Des. Well sound lad.

Also, there's Bertie Storage & Safekeepings - It's up around Drumcondra, no questions asked...

*ahem*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

Thank you for your offer Des. I am pleased to say that all arrangements have been made, and a storage space is no longer needed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement