Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson - Bluetooth Headphones - Compatibility?

• 23-04-2009 12:19pm

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here. I bought a bicycle the other day and want to be able to listen to music as i cycle without the hassle of wires all over me.

I primarily use my phone as an mp3 player, and would like to get my hands on some decent bluetooth headphones.

Would anyone be aware of any that are compatible with Sony Ericsson phones?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out here.

Take it easy :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

You shouldn't have compatability with any bluetooth headphones as far as I'm aware in terms of sound transmission and microphone if featuring, there might be some loss of function in terms of player control across different brands though. This all depends on the spec you're going for anyway.

I have these and have used them cycling with both my W910i and when that gave up the ghost my older W610i. I got them in the O2 store on Grafton street I think, prob be cheaper online though. The reception on my W910i was a bit intermitant when cycling but I'm more than willing to blame my phone for that rather than the headphones as it had previously been run over :o, the reception when using my W610i is solid. I haven't tried it but I'm assured that they'll work with other brands too should I feel to switch allegience when buying my next phone.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

HBHDS220_product_quality_image_2.png

Maybe im ignorant to the workings of bluetooth headphones, but what throws me off here is the image including wires. I already have wired headphones that are very similar to those pictured, but obviously, its the wires that cause me hassle (Well not hassle, but irritance).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

The main picture you see in the link clips on to your collar or thereabouts and then you can plug any earphones in from there. Still wires yes, but you don't have to thread them up under your jumper or suchlike. If you can forego the microphone and controls then something like this or this might be more up your street.

Oh i see what you mean. I just thought there was a little too much wire in the pic, so i assumed it was going to be threading it under my jumper, etc. and completely eliminating the point.

the ones you linked above:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/hbh-is800?lc=en&cc=ie

Seem pretty perfect for what I'd want them for. I'll look into getting them.

Thanks very much for all your help man. It is appreciated :)

Advertisement