Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nividia drivers

Options
  • 23-04-2009 12:27pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Im a complete novice when it comes to this kinda thing so apologies,Ive been hearing a lot about drivers recently and im just wondering how often do Nividia release drivers?is it necessary to update everytime they release a new driver?I have a gtx 260 and the last time I updated the drivers was back in october when far cry 2 was released and my brother did it for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tbh, unless there's a fix for a particular game you play explicitly mentioned then hold off on updating to the newest driver as soon as it's released.

give it some time in the world before updating.

Me...I update when I see there's a new driver but I use alpha/beta software anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Maximus_Laggus

I update to new drivers as soon as they are released. They often provide performance enhancements and bug fixes for specific named games and general enhancements. Don't forget to uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thanks,how often do they release drivers?

depends widely. Every couple of months usually. January had 2 driver releases as did Marchadow (gameshadow.com). Its a free app that checks your games and drivers for you and updates them as soon as new patches / drivers are released. Give it a try.

Oops, didn't preview the last post:eek:. Try Gameshadow from Gameshadow.com. It'll keep everything up to date for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ehh, tbh I can't comment on how often nvidia do cos I've an ati card myself! the last ati release was 04/09 iirc and that was the 4th driver release since the start of the year, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4

[php]
    Cat 9.4
    4/8/2009

Catalyst 9.3
    3/18/2009

Catalyst 9.2
    2/20/2009

Catalyst 9.1
    1/29/2009
    [/php]

I can't recall if one of those was to help with GTA4 specifically however.

Advertisement