Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E voting machines to be destroyed

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was difficult. If you think differently, please explain how - and how the electronic system addresses this - rather than resorting to name-calling.

That wasn't name calling. Stop being overly sensitive. :rolleyes:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    That wasn't name calling. Stop being overly sensitive. :rolleyes:
    So answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭SeanW

That "item" has 3 bids :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

SeaFields wrote: »
    Heres another thing - ministersoffice@dast.gov.ie

Its Cullen's email address. Lets show the the real benefits of electronic devices and all flood his inbox with calls for his resignation. Perhaps Dempsey could take some flack as well. :mad:

Rant over...:)

Is "dast.gov" an abbreviation of dastardly government?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

turgon wrote: »
    :) Excellent post ART6, but you just missed the part where the Dail committee interviews the developers and all those involved in the due process to evaluate the necessarily for an "Edison Tribunal", determining whether or not the light bulb was installed correctly and if it is, in fact, working.

Meanwhile a two year old kid flicks on the switch...

Excellent! I wish I'd thought of that. Well said turgon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭LoveDucati2

peasant wrote: »
    ... you couldn't make it up, could you? :D

No seriously, if you wrote this story as satire or whatever, any editor would turn you down and tell you to be a bit more realistic as nobody could be THAT incompetent.

This is hilarious, how are these people still in office.

Cullen must resign.

And now we have a special taskforce to decide what to decide.

How much will it cost to buy out the 25 year leases, probably the same amount they paid off the poor junior ministers who will find it hard to live on only 100k a year.

I wonder will Jim Mansfield buy them all and make the same 1,000% profit he did last time the GOV had a firesale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

One way of dealing with this might be to leak a story to the INLA that the machines were fitted with a secret bug by the British government that allowed it to rig the ballots to ensure that only British sympathisers were elected. BOOM!! The minister can then claim that it was a dastardly attack on State property but the Gardai will expect to bring a prosecution by 2120, and everyone can get back to the important business of finding another project to waste public money on.

Problem solved.

Advertisement