Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Instructor

Options
  • 23-04-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys,

Does anyone now a good driving instructor in the Navan area?

I've had some bad experiences with a few of them. I drive a bit but need
    to improve as soon as possible. Maybe you know someome you can recommend?

Thanks a mil,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Mary Clarke from Kells, can't recommend her highly enough, got me through my test in just 4 lessons, and she covers the Navan routes so nothing to worry about there. When I was first learning to drive I took a few lessons with a Sheils man from Navan who wasn't up to scratch at all, a really poor instructor by comparison. Mary Clarke goes through everything with a fine toothcomb and she's very patient and understanding too, irons out any difficulties you may have and she's quite thorough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tancar

upmeath wrote: »
    Mary Clarke from Kells, can't recommend her highly enough, got me through my test in just 4 lessons, and she covers the Navan routes so nothing to worry about there. When I was first learning to drive I took a few lessons with a Sheils man from Navan who wasn't up to scratch at all, a really poor instructor by comparison. Mary Clarke goes through everything with a fine toothcomb and she's very patient and understanding too, irons out any difficulties you may have and she's quite thorough.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. Would you by any chance have
    her contact number?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tancar

Hi Upmeath,

Sorry, Iam new to this kind of service so I just noticed we are not
    allowed to post contact numbers or emails adressesses.
    Would you mind email me Mary Clarke's contact number? I have tried to
    find her but with no success.
    Here is my email tancar55@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Meathgirl

HI there,

Michael Bolger is a great guy..... He does the Navan route too. He's from Kells.... He's part of Irish School of motoring...... SO they would have his name.....and number... Good luck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Tancar wrote: »
    Hi Upmeath,

Sorry, Iam new to this kind of service so I just noticed we are not
    allowed to post contact numbers or emails adressesses.
    Would you mind email me Mary Clarke's contact number? I have tried to
    find her but with no success.
    Here is my email tancar55@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot:)

My brother started lessons with her in the last week and I was sad to hear that she'll be leaving the profession shortly, ie within a week, so not much point, sorry :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dellym123

i know a really good instructor - runs South Meath Driving School. He has a good pass rate and am glad he was recommended to me. cheap at 35€ a lesson and alot of the time went abit over the hour. gave me a helpful test dvd, test questions that all came up and the route he showed me the day of the test was the one i was tested on! etc leave ur email and il mail u his mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭giardiniera

i got lessons with john from abc but my little bro had problems with him and got his with a guy called mal, i can get you contacts if you want an pm them to you just let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackdo

I had a great instructor her name is Jo davies and is from athboy, shes great and really reasonable only 28 euros i took 4 lessons and passed first time she was really patient and kind:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tate

I went to John from ABC a few years ago and found him to be excellent. Had been with two other instructors before him and had terrible trouble with them. But with John passed my text first time round thanks to him.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Hi, you should try Joe Ward. He is with the Irish School of Motoring and I found him to be excellent. He charges €100 for 3 lessons and I passed with flying colours. His no is 087 777 3336.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Id would recommend ABC done lessons with John there and passed Second time round.Havent heard any complaints about anybody who used him

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

i used Mark Shiels and thought he was great passed first time and I know a number of other people who thought he was really good.

I did have a lesson with a guy who teaches in a red punto - i felt like asking him to get out of my car!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

shannon82 wrote: »
    i used Mark Shiels and thought he was great passed first time and I know a number of other people who thought he was really good.

I did have a lesson with a guy who teaches in a red punto - i felt like asking him to get out of my car!

Could not recommend Mark enough, I found him excellent, first time pass etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hambakrest

shannon82 wrote: »

Hi how can I get Mark Shield contact details?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Will send U pm

Advertisement