Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever been asked to prove 'sufficient funds' when entering Aus?

Options
  • 23-04-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has been asked to prove 'sufficient funds' when entering Australia. I know the figure is generally thought to be around AU$5,000 and I will have that amount, but I was just wondering how I would prove it? I will be travelling for around two and a half months before entering Australia so any bank statements I have now will be out of date at the time I enter. Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Havent heard of anyone yet that was asked but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Wasnt asked even though I had a print out of my fund in a nice pile with my passport and other documentation all at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

yeah take a copy of your statement doesn't matter if it is a few months out,

it is rare that people are asked, I wouldn't worry about it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JCC

What other documentation could you possibly be asked for going through the airport? Heading over next week and just wondering should I take everything I used to apply for my visa....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I haven't heard of anyone been asked.

Flyin from Bribane to Christchurch in A month, anybody ever been asked in New Zealand??

Similarly, i wasn't asked for the bank statements but had them ready. I put that down to landing in Perth.
    What else might you need? Well i'd have a copy of your visa printed, copy of your booking for your initial accomodation, details of any return flight. If you have online banking you could always print off the statement there. Don't think you'll need any of them but just incase you meet a prick having a bad day :-)

Make the most of it! Its amazing!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement