Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leitrim lads appeal on politics ban

Options
  • 23-04-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

i am now appealing my ban from the politics section, due to my belief that i have been the victim of intimidating of gangland style bullying on line,

i do not accept the fact that guan yin can get away with such remarks as were posted towards me .
    involving raceism against the irish, i also beleive that guan yin knows absoleutly nothing about irish history,language,or politics, following guan yins statment that irish is not a race,

when 20 years ago signs in england posted by the british stated the following

NO DOGS
    NO BLACKS
    NO IRISH

this contradicts guan yins attempts to make little of my race, and i do not also like guan yins comments, or attitude on (pro tibet, or communism)

these should not be allowed as they are an indirect insult to certain users of the asain community who may have different views on these matters.

i also argue the fact that scofflaw can ban me for no apparent reason, i am entitled to use the politics section the same as anyone else , and if not more so than others, due to me coming from a political family, which gives me a headstart on certain issues, in comparison to others,

i would ask for this ban to be lifted and moderators appointed to the politics section who will allow good debates ,and not bully people just because they are moderators, which is totally unnacceptable and a sackable offence in the real world

leitrim lad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

1. The moderators' opinions on particular topics are irrelevant.
    2. The moderators' nationalities are irrelevant.
    3. Your nationality is irrelevant.
    4. The moderators' knowledge (or lack thereof) on particular topics is mostly irrelevant.

Now, please start again. You were banned from Politics. Who banned you and why? Include links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

seamus
    i do not know how to link as of yet maybe you could show me how to do so
    thanks

scofflaw banned me for reason being apparently too many complaints

complaints of which i am unaware, as i was having conversation with 20 others about public sector and private sector , and of course with all debates there were 2 sides one in favor and the other opposing

as we all know politics is not for the faint hearted , and it may indirectly insult a person no matter what comment is made on a subject, but that person then has the option to debate the matter or walk away, which is fair

my problem is with the mods who strech their powers just to show that they have authority by imposing silly pointless bans or warnings for a person having a view on a debate,

and there are only a few mods with this attitude problem, who in turn have to spoil the debate on others ,which is also a form of bullying,

people are entitled to voice their opinions on politics and it is then open to debate from others, with out mods trolling and pushing their weight around like what happened with me ,i was singled out and victimised because i have views

i just want the ban lifted, so that i can debate my views with others and not be singled out for it,
    thats what this site is ment to be for,

politics is a tough subject no matter what part of the world you are in, and if others are not up to the debate they should not take part in it, this is why we have so many political parties because everyone has different views,
    and it is not for people to be banned for expressing their views

also guan yin threw in the tuppence haypenny worth, again just to show guan yins powers as a mod, with insulting remarks towards me.

for no apparent justifyable reason and then to insult me further by involving raceism of the irish and so on which is totally unacceptable in this day and age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You asked why you were banned (you insinuated reasons that were untrue). I clarified the reason for your ban and it's current status among the politics mods. I was the only Politics mods available at the time and you seemed to want a quick answer.

If you can highlight where I made insulting remarks (ie. show me the specific remarks), I will address them.

Regarding race. "Irish" is a nationality and a culture, not a race. It certainly isn't classed as a race by current definitions and even thinking as backwards as Huxley's racial classifications didn't list "Irish" as a separate race.

Regarding your feelings on my comments regarding political issues, I don't see that they have any bearing here.

again here we go with the overwhelming misuse of a mods power, stand down from this position guan yin, at once you are not entitled to it if you will not let people debate freely, without you or scofflaw having to throw your tuppence haypenneys worth in, just to let people know that you can punish them for no apparent reason.

i have asked for my ban to be lifted as i am entitled to take part in a debate as i have done nothing wrong to begin with only give my opinion, which is what this site is for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

again here we go with the overwhelming misuse of a mods power, stand down from this position guan yin, at once you are not entitled to it if you will not let people debate freely, without you or scofflaw having to throw your tuppence haypenneys worth in, just to let people know that you can punish them for no apparent reason.

i have asked for my ban to be lifted as i am entitled to take part in a debate as i have done nothing wrong to begin with only give my opinion, which is what this site is for

I don't know what to tell you because I can't really make any sense of what you're posting.

You've been banned for ignoring continued warnings about posting style and breach of peace.

We will allow ANY political viewpoint so long as it is respectfully, civilly and honestly presented.

If you choose to misrepresent these circumstances, you'll find that we're very unlikely to unban you because we believe you won't heed our warnings and adjust your style.

There are ways to present a case, I'm always VERY open to them. One is to clearly and concisely present the facts, the other is to post respectfully.

Let us know when you are ready to take this approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You are entitled to take part in a debate, within our rules. Failure to do so will result in that entitlement being revoked as we are perfectly entitled to do.

One of these core rules, particularly in politics is to post with respect and civility. You seem incapable of doing this, either here or on Politics. This matter has already been discussed on helpdesk and the decision stands. The matter is closed. Do not start another helpdesk or feedback thread on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement