Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer talk and rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

only when their man is a perma-tanned self obsessed little greasy portugeezer who is only interested in himself & his brilliance, not when its a basque midfield genius who has already rejected them in the past on a few occassions. and said he doesn't wanna leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I think Glen Johnson is a good signing for Pool fwiw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Englands first choice right back.
    Premier Leagues right back of the year for most.
    Already won a PL medal.
    Better than any right back at Utd.
    2 out of the top 4 (ancelloti & benitez)were in for him for big money.

not top 4 quality? :rolleyes:

wouldn't value him at 17/18m myself, but can't remember last time i agreed with the valuation of a young (24) English player. with the monies being paid out for players the last couple of years, he is certainly worth that, especially when the fee is including add ons etc.

1 - Right back by default. Gary Neville was called into the squad so that shows just how strong they are on that side.
    2 - Yes, I'd agree fair enough.
    3 - You could argue any number of players that have a Premiership medal that weren't great so its not really valid.
    4 - Like Headshot, I'd say that a fit Brown is better.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, just not worth what your paying for him when you consider Arbeloa is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

only when their man is a perma-tanned self obsessed little greasy portugeezer who is only interested in himself & his brilliance, not when its a basque midfield genius who has already rejected them in the past on a few occassions. and said he doesn't wanna leave.

I really do hope I get a chance to quote this post before the new seasons starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

sounds like some Brazilian chap that moved recently. Can't think of his name.

• Advertisement

graham hunter was on newstalk and he's convinced alonso is R.madrid bound. Your going to eat those words Mr Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will be interesting to see who they bring in if the do lose Alonso (and I am not convinced they will)

Javi Martinez was a player I saw linked to liverpool, as a replacement for Alonso, previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Will be interesting to see who they bring in if the do lose Alonso (and I am not convinced they will)

Javi Martinez was a player I saw linked to liverpool, as a replacement for Alonso, previously.

they could go for Alonso Lite/Arteta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

they could go for Alonso Lite/Arteta

a lot more attacking in style than Alonso is. For me, Alonso is a CM, does work at both ends of the pitch, Arteta isn't the same.

• Advertisement

ye couldnt get Arteta either

Dont bloody want Arteta. Aiming higher than that these days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Well keep away from Anderson! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

if they have to lose Alonso they should work Sneijder into the transfer imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

if they have to lose Alonso they should work Sneijder into the transfer imo

I hear Gabriel Judas Heinze is keen to play in the Premiership again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Why are you calling him Judas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I hear Gabriel Judas Heinze is keen to play in the Premiership again.

Facepalm

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Gabriel Iván Heinze - not judas, or maybe a really bad typo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Why are you calling him Judas?

remember that little period where he was a United player, but wanted to become a Liverpool player? no?

Didn't really get the fuss myself.

Utd wanted to sell him. The fans (here anyway) thought he was ****e at that stage.

Be like us getting rid of Pennant & Utd wanting him, bite their ****ing hand off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Utd wanted to sell him. The fans (here anyway) thought he was ****e at that stage.

Be like us getting rid of Pennant & Utd wanting him, bite their ****ing hand off :D

To be fair I think most United fans wanted him at the club until he started acting up. Has Pennant ever won fans' player of the year at Liverpool?

No, it would be like a cult hero at liverpool being told he could leave, a player who fans had cheered and shouted for, a player who claimed that he loved the fans. Then when Liverpool reject a bid from United, that player then taking Liverpool to court over it.

West ham sign luis jimenez from inter milan on season long loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Headshot wrote: »
    West ham sign luis jimenez from inter milan on season long loan

ah well done them,

they are a perfect match for each other, should be a fun season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

enviro wrote: »

There is no need to report this every week.
    We know!

There is no need to report this every week.
    We know!

Did I post this before NO

enviro wrote: »
    Did I post this before NO

No whats your point?

do you think every member on here has a right to post this once?

Chelsea and Liverpool have reportedly joined Tottenham Hotspur in the race to sign Gabriel Heinze from Real Madrid.

The former Manchester United defender is one of nine or 10 players that Madrid want to offload after already sanctioning spending of £136million on Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Heinze, 31, yesterday said he was interested in returning to the Barclays Premier League and Tottenham are understood to have already held talks with the Madrid hierarchy.

But Harry Redknapp faces competition from Chelsea and Liverpool, according to Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, which claims Rafa Benitez sees him as an experienced replacement for Sami Hyypia.

that's BS about chelsea and liverpool anyway

• Advertisement

No whats your point?

do you think every member on here has a right to post this once?

Yeah thats what I meant :rolleyes:

which claims Rafa Benitez sees him as an experienced replacement for Sami Hyypia.

They just make stuff up! :(

how the hell could Heinze be even considered for the Chelsea defense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

As back up for Cole and the centre backs. We don't have a second left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bubs101 wrote: »
    As back up for Cole and the centre backs. We don't have a second left back

is young Mancienne coming back this year actually or heading on loan again?

Wolves would like to buy him if the price was right.

• Advertisement

how the hell could Heinze be even considered for the Chelsea defense?

For the same reason that he was considered for the Liverpool defence. He can play in more one position and has plenty of experience and is proven at the highest level.

For the same reason that he was considered for the Liverpool defence. He can play in more one position and has plenty of experience and is proven at the highest level.

have you seen him at R.Madrid recently ;)

have you seen him at R.Madrid recently ;)

I have. Wouldn't want him at Liverpool now or then but I was just explaining why a big club might see him as being a decent signing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

For the same reason that he was considered for the Liverpool defence. He can play in more one position and has plenty of experience and is proven to fall short at the highest level.

fyp. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I see Man City's latest signing is Stuart Taylor. I know Given's their number one there now but surely there are better number twos than Taylor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8115411.stm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I see Man City's latest signing is Stuart Taylor. I know Given's their number one there now but surely there are better number twos than Taylor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8115411.stm
    At best he is their 3rd choice keeper, maybe even 4th behind Schmeichel.

I would imagine that Hart and Schmeichel will be loaned out, with a recall clause for one of them to cover for Given if he is going to be out for any length of time, Taylor should just play the odd cup game where he is rested, or if Given has a minor niggle and will miss an odd match, or have to come off

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

looks like boro are gonna sign mark yeates from colchester. Hope it works out well for him and he gets a shot at the international team...

stoke in talks with west ham over Dean Ashton
    Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has confirmed to Sky Sports News that the club are in talks with West Ham United over Dean Ashton.

It was revealed on Wednesday that the Potters were considering a bid for the striker, who has not played first-team football since August 2008.

The 25-year-old underwent ankle surgery earlier this year and is said to be nearing a return to training ahead of the new season.

Ashton signed for the Hammers from Norwich in 2006 for £7.25million and has made 46 league appearances since the move, scoring 15 goals.

Coates told Sky Sports News: "I think Tony has talked to West Ham. That is the stage we are at. Tony likes him as a player."
    Owen

Recent reports have suggested Stoke could also bid for Newcastle United striker Michael Owen.

Of what would be a shock deal, Coates said: "We haven't really discussed Michael Owen at this stage. We know he is about. But I don't believe we have made an approach.

"He is a terrific player and a very nice man. I don't know what options Michael has got, we are not privy to his position.

"If I said to Tony Pulis, 'Would you like Michael Owen', he'd probably say yes. It would be a fabulous coup to get Michael Owen.

if he got over those injuries he'll be a brilliant buy

stoke in talks with west ham over Dean Ashton

if he got over those injuries he'll be a brilliant buy

If he could get over the injuries he would be an amazing buy. He is actually a player I would have liked United to sign the year we signed Tevez, and last summer too - not a superstar signing, but a player with great potential. Unfortunately, I think injuries will ruin what could have been a fantastic career.

agreed re:Ashton, potentially brilliant player.

If he could get over the injuries he would be an amazing buy. He is actually a player I would have liked United to sign the year we signed Tevez, and last summer too - not a superstar signing, but a player with great potential. Unfortunately, I think injuries will ruin what could have been a fantastic career.

I was thinking the same thing actually,still remember that bicycle kick goal against us

he's still only 25 so he may have a chance

like your self mitch I always liked him

agreed re:Ashton, potentially brilliant player.

Remember his performance against Livepool in the Cup final (i'm sure you remember the game!!) He was amazing that day, linking well with his team mates and a constant threat to the liverpool defence, if he could stay injury free and get to that level consistently he would be a fantastic player, and a first choice for England imo.

he is a United fan as well.

he is a United fan as well.

good taste

• Advertisement
Advertisement