Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer talk and rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

city wont pay over the odds, maybe for great players like kaka, but tye wont spend that much on wages on average players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

mink_man wrote: »
    city wont pay over the odds, maybe for great players like kaka, but tye wont spend that much on wages on average players!

how much did they spend on Bellamy?

how much is Bridge earning a week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Get over it. The sheik picked up 1.5 billion the other week from selling his barclays shares. Alot to us equals little to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

daithijjj wrote: »
    Get over it. The sheik picked up 1.5 billion the other week from selling his barclays shares. Alot to us equals little to him.

Because the sheik is rich, Mr Alan isn't allowed refute the argument that was made saying that City don't spend big on average players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

DSB wrote: »
    Because the sheik is rich, Mr Alan isn't allowed refute the argument that was made saying that City don't spend big on average players?

Did i quote mr alan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr Alan wrote: »
    how much did they spend on Bellamy?

How much was Bridge on at Chelsea? How much did Liverpool pay for Keane? How much did United spend on Veron? Where's Kleberson these days? How much did Chelsea waste on Shevchenko? The way people are going on you'd swear we were the first club to pay over the top for something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Xavi mate, i was only responding to the retarded point that City won't overpay. They clearly will, in fact, it seems to be their main plan of action for breaking into the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Where's Kleberson these days?

He is part of the winning Brazil Confederations cup winners 2009 squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Mr Alan wrote: »

best paid full back in world football

its nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Helix wrote: »
    best paid full back in world football

its nuts

Really? That's a complete joke. He wouldn't be in my top 10

• Advertisement

£95k a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

French sources report that Real have agreed a fee for Benzema with Lyon.

Just reported on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    French sources report that Real have agreed a fee for Benzema with Lyon.

Just reported on Sky.

Makes sense, I didn't see him going to a club like United tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Makes sense, I didn't see him going to a club like United tbh

like utd

go on.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In the halfpenny place? ;)

well, I don't want to rattle you,
    but I personally think he can blow hot and cold and would therefore prefer a club that will rely on him and pick him consistently.

I think he would enjoy being a galactico and an automatic starter in the sun of Madrid with Zidane as a psuedo mentor,

then fighting for a position against berbatov and rooney in rainy england.
    just my thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SSN have updated the report. Claiming that the agreed fee is £35 / €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    SSN have updated the report. Claiming that the agreed fee is £35 / €40.

No more lavish spending then. What a bargain. Straight out of the pocket. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

well, I don't want to rattle you,
    but I personally think he can blow hot and cold and would therefore prefer a club that will rely on him and pick him consistently.

I think he would enjoy being a galactico and an automatic starter in the sun of Madrid with Zidane as a psuedo mentor,

then fighting for a position against berbatov and rooney in rainy england.
    just my thoughts.

:confused: So if a player is off form Madrid will keep picking him anyway?
    They don't want to actually win games like other clubs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

will he displace Malouda?
    is there a need to?
    great cover nonetheless and for A.Cole too.
    Who knows if he'll replace Malouda. He is good enough to imo. And you're right, there isn't really a need to replace Malouda. But
    the Russian is quality and it still stands that 18mil for him is a great deal.

JPA wrote: »
    :confused: So if a player is off form Madrid will keep picking him anyway?
    They don't want to actually win games like other clubs?

YES,

perhaps it indicated why they have done so badly in recent times.

an example would be Raul, a great player but

05-06 27 games and 5 goals
    06-07 35 games and 7 goals.

with any manager who dared drop him been shown the door very soon after.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

YES,

perhaps it indicated why they have done so badly in recent times.

an example would be Raul, a great player but

05-06 27 games and 5 goals
    06-07 35 games and 7 goals.

with any manager who dared fire him been shown the door very soon after.

i think most would argue Raul is an exception not part of the rule your making.

i think most would argue Raul is an exception not part of the rule your making.

Yeah I see your point,

but what I am trying to say is there is a definite place for Benzema there if he wants it spearheading their attack, with less competition than at United.

It can be infered by that that his game would have to drop by more at Real before they stopped picking him, then at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Another €35m for Madrid, drop in the ocean of a seemingly bottomless money pit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

I really like the way Bayern are doing their (transfer) business. If someone is interested in one of their players they usually take a stance and stick by it.

I believe many clubs would have negotiated with Real about Ribery at some point, but Bayern always said "NO" and that was it. No further discussions.

They seem to decide when they want to sell their players and are not quickly overturned by the prospect of a quick buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Fergie must be fuming, Benzema was one of the few player capable of matching Ronaldo.
    Unearthly wrote: »
    He is part of the winning Brazil Confederations cup winners 2009 squad.
    Haha, did he even play a game though?

I saw him come on as a sub twice, maybe he came on even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

DubDani wrote: »
    I really like the way Bayern are doing their (transfer) business. If someone is interested in one of their players they usually take a stance and stick by it.

I believe many clubs would have negotiated with Real about Ribery at some point, but Bayern always said "NO" and that was it. No further discussions.

They seem to decide when they want to sell their players and are not quickly overturned by the prospect of a quick buck.

Bayern dont need to sell, they have plenty cash , all them shirt sales....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not worth a thread and not rumour, Paul Ince is back at MK dons and his replacement at Dons Roberto Di Matteo is now at WBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

cardiff have resigned michael chopra!

• Advertisement

wigans new 24 year old signing hendry thomas...

0,,10429~6321375,00.jpg

someone better break out the carbon dating kit pretty quicksmart

Lol someone has Obafemi Martins syndrome

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/8135859.stm
    Sun Jihai leaves Sheffield United

Sheffield United defender Sun Jihai has left the club and returned to China after one season at Bramall Lane.

The 31-year-old joined the Blades last summer, but made only 11 league starts over 12 months.

Blades manager Kevin Blackwell told BBC Radio Sheffield: "Sun found it difficult to settle here. He was living with his mother and missed his family.

"He was a great professional and was a great example to the young players at the club. I wish him all the best."

Come on Sparkles, forget JT and bring back Sun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Helix wrote: »
    wigans new 24 year old signing hendry thomas...

0,,10429%7E6321375,00.jpg

someone better break out the carbon dating kit pretty quicksmart

:eek::eek:

He must have been on hols and sent his father????

RICHARD DUNNE will complete his move to Sunderland in the next 24 hours after Manchester City agreed a fee with the Black Cats for the Ireland international.

Dunne was voted City's player of the year for four seasons running but now City boss Mark Hughes has decided he wants to make sweeping changes in his defence and build a team around England men Joleon Lescott and John Terry, so Hughes has decided to let Dunne leave Eastlands.

A number of Premier League clubs had been keen to sign Ireland defender Dunne but new Black Cats boss Steve Bruce has won the race and may even offer Dunne the captaincy.

Dunne, who was due to celebrate his testimonial at City next season, will join Sunderland in a £2million deal.

Dunne could be one of the few senior Ireland players in the first team squad at Sunderland next season alongside Andy Reid as Liam Miller, David Connolly and Nick Colgan have all left in recent months.

Dunne's arrival could also signal the departure of Paul McShane to Ipswich Town, with Roy Keane also close to signing Daryl Murphy from his former club.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/city-agree-fee-with-black-cats-for-dunne-1807830.html

Seems very cheap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

that is a brilliant deal for Sunderland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

More doubts over Hughes if he lets Dunne go (and how close he was to selling Ireland to Sunderland last summer). On the FAI website plenty of the current squad have Dunne as one of the top 5 Irish players ever. Most of us would agree that on his day he's world class and the vast majority of time he's on top form. Last season obviously wasn't great for him but we know how good he is and has proven himself against the very best.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    More doubts over Hughes if he lets Dunne go (and how close he was to selling Ireland to Sunderland last summer). On the FAI website plenty of the current squad have Dunne as one of the top 5 Irish players ever. Most of us would agree that on his day he's world class and the vast majority of time he's on top form. Last season obviously wasn't great for him but we know how good he is and has proven himself against the very best.

Wow, let me just stop you right there.

Mark Hughes NEVER wanted to sell Stephen Ireland. The talk of a transfer came about before we were taken over. The board at the time saw Ireland as an asset they could get a large amount for and re-invest into the squad (i.e., get 3 average old players for one promising youngster). We had feck all money this time last year, yet Hughes was the biggest opponent to any potential sale of Ireland.

That's a fact.

Fair enough. Just don't rate Hughes too highly after some of his crazy attacking team choices.

another trick missed by mon and villa

dunne wouldve been ideal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Not really surprised by the £2m price tag, given it's Man City who are selling and chances are he's probably going to be picking up a tasty pay packet at Sunderland. Dunne is 30 in September and has a lot of miles on the clock. I think there may also be an element of judging him on his Irish performances as opposed to his PL performances. Clears the way nicely for JT to arrive from Chelsea;)

I think there may also be an element of judging him on his Irish performances as opposed to his PL performances.
    Probably won more motm awards than any other premiership defender in the 3 years prior to last season. Jesus one season he won the Sky motm in Anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury and Stamford Bridge. You could say he'd have his bad games but they were very few from what I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Probably won more motm awards than any other premiership defender in the 3 years prior to last season. Jesus one season he won the Sky motm in Anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury and Stamford Bridge. You could say he'd have his bad games but they were very few from what I saw.

I can understand what you're saying but overall his performaces for Ireland have been uniformly better that his Man City performances. What I was kinda getting at was that any of his bad games seemed to be for City as opposed to Ireland, not that there were that many bad games to begin with.

However I'd say a large part of the transfer fee being only £2m is that it is City who are doing the selling. When you consider that he cost them £3m originially they haven't done too badly out of him. Also I presume the move means there will be no need for a testimonial which could be worth a few quid to City.

I can understand what you're saying but overall his performaces for Ireland have been uniformly better that his Man City performances. What I was kinda getting at was that any of his bad games seemed to be for City as opposed to Ireland, not that there were that many bad games to begin with.

However I'd say a large part of the transfer fee being only £2m is that it is City who are doing the selling. When you consider that he cost them £3m originially they haven't done too badly out of him. Also I presume the move means there will be no need for a testimonial which could be worth a few quid to City.

How would a testimonial cost City anything? You're kinda contradicting yourself there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Man City sell Dunne and are trying to get Puyol? Crazy

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Man City sell Dunne and are trying to get Puyol? Crazy

Onto Lucio now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

10.53 Lyon have announced they are set to sign Lisandro Lopez after having an offer accepted by Porto.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'm glad Dunne has gone to Sunderland. For whatever reason things were going from bad to worse for him at City. Bruce will have him back playing at his best in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

• Advertisement

Jo staying on loan at Everton next season apparently.

Advertisement