Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer talk and rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I expect Michael Owen to return to Liverpool this window i think. i think he'll be happy to accept a squad/cup games role in the team to both extend whats left of his playing career, and playing well at the top level should be enough to get him into contention for an England place & with his lesser involvement, he should be fit to play for them when required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Crespo is also available on bosman this summer i think, at 32/33 he can still do a job for someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Jenas to inter maybe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

thegen wrote: »
    Manchester United will bring in Diego from Bremen for a fee of around 25million .

Unless Manchester United F.C. Change their name to Jventus, move to Turin and play their home games in Black and White next season then no, this won't happen.

Nailed on Juve signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Seaneh wrote: »
    Unless Manchester United F.C. Change their name to Jventus, move to Turin and play their home games in Black and White next season then no, this won't happen.

Nailed on Juve signing.

pity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Tevez, Santa Cruz to City.

Dunne to Sunderland (or maybe Ipswich now :pac:)

You still think Santa Cruz will go to city?

Im thinking if Hughes is not there, there won't be much of a chance?

Also City might not want to deal with Blackburn after being rejected in january,

His injury is not helping things either,

If Blackburn go down they might get him at a knock down price.

I have a funny feeling that Spurs might go in for Him with Bent or even Bentley going the other way.

There has been a lot of talk about the Dunne to Sunderland one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Tevez is an absolutely smashing player who has been under utilised by United this year, yet his goals to game ratio is still very good.

I'd agree with that. He has been badly underused this season while Berbatov strolled around with his hands in his pockets in some games. There's no doubt Ferguson would ideally like to keep him but the stumbling block is the crazy asking price.

lint316 wrote: »
    Glen Johnson was linked with Liverpool in January and he chose to sign a new 5 year contract with Pompey so I doubt he'll be going anywhere. I reckon Lucas, Dossena, Maybe Babel are gone. I have absolutely no idea who's gonna be coming in. We were linked with Zarate but it looks like Lazio are gonna pay 25 million for him now. Tevez, Santa Cruz, David Silva are all long shots.

In the case of Tevez it would have to be a very long shot!! United don't sell players to Liverpool.

Two more names to throw into the mix - both on Bosman's this summer

Michael Owen - available on a free in the summer

Owen is nowhere near the player he used to be, although admittedly he has been playing in a very poor team. He'd have to take a wage cut but would be worth a chance considering he's free. Arsenal perhaps?

Jermaine Pennant - available on a free in the summer

I think he's been exposed as not quite good enough for a top club. Might go back to Birmingham now they look certain to be back in the PL.

If Newcastle go down, a distinct possibility of some of their players moving, especially given the wages they are on.

Newcastle would have no choice but to clear out a number of players, as you say their current wage bill would not be sustainable in the championship, and it look like that's where they're heading.The likes of Duff, Martins, Alan Smith, Geremi, Ameobi and Nicky Butt could all be up for sale, with Owen gone on a free.

On the Italian (more sepicifically Milanese) front.

Milan have been linked with Palermos Kjaer (quality young defender).

Trezeguet's Agent is linking him with a move to Milan this morning
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr23q.html

Milan have been linked with Mexes for the lats two years and that won't change this year.

Also rumors that Joao Miranda could be joing Milan after we signed his best friend Thaigo Silva in January, would be a great signing.

Talk of Zacardo from Wolfsburg going to Milan for very little money, would be a very good signing as I feel the onyl reason he isn't playing much for Wolfsburg is because auld Felix doen't like him.

There are a few more but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

aidan24326 wrote: »

In the case of Tevez it would have to be a very long shot!! United don't sell players to Liverpool.

United don't have a say in where he goes after his LOAN is up.

Anybody can bid for him if UTD don't meet his owners valuation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

On Evra, if Ferguson is selling him then i'd trust his judgement. Whether this means he thinks the twin is good enough or he has his eye on someone else we shall see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United don't own Tevez, so that is not an issue. Would liverpool spend 32million on him though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Tevez, Santa Cruz to City.

Dunne to Sunderland (or maybe Ipswich now :pac:)

Backwards step for Dunne, but then again his star has been waning for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

dsmythy wrote: »
    Backwards step for Dunne, but then again his star has been waning for a while now.

If Villa are in the market for a centre-back as has been mentioned they might be interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Eldin Jakupovic has revealed that he is in contact with Tottenham over a proposed move to England.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_5229163,00.html

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal won't sign Yaya. Wenger has passed up the opportunity so many times, he won't go for him now.

I expect Arsenal to move for the likes of Felipe Melo and Sebastien Bassong or Mamadou Sakho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

United don't own Tevez, so that is not an issue. Would liverpool spend 32million on him though?

Oh yeah I forgot that. But if United are not willing to pay 30M+ for him I can't see Liverpool forking out that sort of money either. His agents are pricing him out of the market imo.

imo, if Utd refuse their option on him...he will be sold to other clubs at whatever is deemed market value in the open market at that time.

similar to when Carson was on loan at Villa last year.

Arsenal won't sign Yaya. Wenger has passed up the opportunity so many times, he won't go for him now.

I expect Arsenal to move for the likes of Felipe Melo and Sebastien Bassong or Mamadou Sakho.

what about Veloso for Arsenal

there was a lot of talk about it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't think Wenger wants him. I think Frisbee may be the only person on the planet who still rates Veloso :p

Mr Alan wrote: »
    imo, if Utd refuse their option on him...he will be sold to other clubs at whatever is deemed market value in the open market at that time.

similar to when Carson was on loan at Villa last year.

and then United might be interested at the market value, and Tevez may be willing to stay at a club where he loves the fans and would probably be more assured of his place within the squad with a permanent contract. If Joorabchian was willing to accept a more reasonable fee, i reckon Tevez would have been signed a while back to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Carlos Kameni has admitted he would welcome the opportunity to join a Premier League side this summer.

The Cameroon international is set to become a free agent at the end of the season as his contract at Spanish outfit Espanyol comes to an end.

He is widely regarded as one of the most consistent goalkeepers in Europe and at just 25-years-old is yet to reach his prime.

He began his career in France with Le Havre, before securing a switch to the Primera Liga in 2004.

Kameni believes it is now time for him to take on a new challenge, and there will be no shortage of takers for him to choose from.

Newcastle, Bordeaux, Paris St Germain, Bayern Munich and Galatasaray are all believed to be interested, with a switch to England representing the African ace's preferred choice.

From http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5221754,00.html

Don't know why we're looking into players now not even knowing what league we'll be playing in next season. Stupid really. False hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

That_Guy wrote: »
    From http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5221754,00.html

Don't know why we're looking into players now not even knowing what league we'll be playing in next season. Stupid really. False hope.

I'm sure Newcastle's only interest right now is Premiership football to be honest.

DSB wrote: »
    I'm sure Newcastle's only interest right now is Premiership football to be honest.

It's one thing being interested in Premier League football and another to actually be willing to play for it. I have no idea why we're even considering looking at players now. Farcical really.

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's one thing being interested in Premier League football and another to actually be willing to play for it. I have no idea why we're even considering looking at players now. Farcical really.

I doubt its true man. Who would be looking for the players, Shearer?

I doubt its true man. Who would be looking for the players, Shearer?

Hughton and Calderwood maybe. Shearer wouldn't be able to find the time...... I hope. :)

I'd say its a *insert club who have recently lost goalkeeper here* job, can't imagine there'll be any transfer activity til they've a new man in.

I'd say its a *insert club who have recently lost goalkeeper here* job, can't imagine there'll be any transfer activity til they've a new man in.

Or until we find out what league we'll be playing in next season.

The only thing we need to buy is our dignity back anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You still think Santa Cruz will go to city?

Im thinking if Hughes is not there, there won't be much of a chance?

That's it in a nutshell really.

If Hughes is gone then there's no RSC. Win win imo.
    I'd agree with that. He has been badly underused this season while Berbatov strolled around with his hands in his pockets in some games. There's no doubt Ferguson would ideally like to keep him but the stumbling block is the crazy asking price.

No asking price is crazy for the blue half of Manchester though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Don't forget the compulsory 2 unknown teenagers most likley from the French 1st division :p

and then United might be interested at the market value, and Tevez may be willing to stay at a club where he loves the fans and would probably be more assured of his place within the squad with a permanent contract. If Joorabchian was willing to accept a more reasonable fee, i reckon Tevez would have been signed a while back to be honest

we're both only speculating obviously, but i wouldn't imagine it would work like that.

similar to the Carson situation between Liverpool & Villa last year, he went on loan on loan to Villa the season previous, a fee for his purchase was agreed between the 2 clubs at the start of the loan. If Villa wanted him, that fee had to be met.

O'Neill started making noises toward the end of the loan about how the fee was too much, would like to talk about a lower one etc etc.....player wanted the move, was settled etc etc.

Liverpool said it was simple, if they wanted him they had to pay the fee agreed at the start of the loan.

They passed up & he was subsequently sold for considerably less to a smaller club.

Out of principle, i'd imagine Kia wouldn't sell to Utd for a fee less than the one already agreed. Its a bad message for a business to send, "don't take deals with me seriously, you can move the goalposts however you wish"

he however would be willing to negotiate a fee with other clubs from scratch......as he does not want his prize asset to be worth nothing to him, the life of a footballer is a short one afterall.

as i said, we're both only speculating, but going on previous cases which were along the same lines, and common sense, i'd imagine the above makes a bit more sense than Kia totally backing down to Utd. Somewhere that his player clearly isn't happy.

• Advertisement

I don't know enough about how Tevez feels to say either way on the happy or not debate. The latest quotes indicate that he wants to leave, but it was only a couple of weeks ago that he was saying he loved United, wanted to stay and was not even thinking about leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I think Kia is a businessman and would happily sell to United if their's was the highest offer. If Liverpool really sold Carson for less than Villa offered the phrase "Cutting off your nose" springs to mind.
    However I'm pretty sure neither United or Liverpool will get Tevez at a fair price because of Man City who will probably come the closest. I doubt Tevez would see City as an ideal club but he has huge loyalty to Kia who he sees as someone who has helped him become rich and successful.

I could see Tevez ending up at Inter. He was linked with them prior to United signing him, and he is just such a Mourinho type player. I reckon he would do very well for Liverpool too though, due to the Spannish contingent there, and his seemingly complete lack of desire or ability to learn English, which I reckon is part of his problem at United.

By the way, i'm not saying i think we'll sign Tevez-i'd be quite surprised, although with Mascherano and the large spanish contingent there, and the proximity to where he lives currently, i think he'd like that move. All i am saying is the price agreed with Utd two years ago is of zero relevence to other clubs and when Kia & the mobsters put him on the market and he may well move for substantially less.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    By the way, i'm not saying i think we'll sign Tevez-i'd be quite surprised, although with Mascherano and the large spanish contingent there, and the proximity to where he lives currently, i think he'd like that move. All i am saying is the price agreed with Utd two years ago is of zero relevence to other clubs and when Kia & the mobsters put him on the market and he may well move for substantially less.

Fair enough - though I HOPE the respect Tevez has been given by the fans at OT and the respect he claims to have for them is enough to stop him from moving to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If Tevez leaves for Liverpool after United decide not to sign him I don't see how anyone could really begruge him. However I think its doubtful he'll sign, and if United think he's too expensive, I can't imagine Liverpool will think he's not. The idea that Liverpool will get him cheaper is a wee bit naive. Once United decide not to take up the option, he'll just go at a market rate, probably less since they have to sell him this summer.

Off to Spain I'd say personally.

He would be an improvement for Liverpool up front, but not a title winning improvement imo.

not sure if this is wat prompted this discussion, but this story may actually have legs-i thought it was just fans discussing possibilities, but it appears there is an interest.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6157813.ece

Oliver Kay is a fairly reliable journo when it comes to issues at Liverpool.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I see Tevez as Real Madrids big signing if they dont get Ronaldo this Summer, if its a higest bidder in England than surely City would be favs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I see Tevez as Real Madrids big signing if they dont get Ronaldo this Summer, if its a higest bidder in England than surely City would be favs

I don't see them moving for Tevez because surely Villa is the most realistic target for Real if Valencia are forced to sell

• Advertisement

would another Man utd style 1 or 2 yr loan be out of the question for Tevez joining another team, therefore a much lower price for the club but Kia stell gets a big short term pay day and nother possible sale in 1 or 2 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Will United move for another striker if Tevez doesn't stay or will we keep what we have and give youth a chance?

Smegball wrote: »
    Will United move for another striker if Tevez doesn't stay or will we keep what we have and give youth a chance?

hard question there

im a firm believer in giving youngsters a chance but at 18 yrs old could kiko do it (yet)

im not sure

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't see them moving for Tevez because surely Villa is the most realistic target for Real if Valencia are forced to sell

If Valencia get CL football I doubt they'll be forced to sell.

If Valencia get CL football I doubt they'll be forced to sell.

that combined with the fact that something has to happen with Tevez it seems makes him to madrid a likleyhood for me as if they dont get Ronaldo or whoesver they promise to their fans perez or whoever will wants a big name player like Carlitos to appease their fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Tevez to Liverpool :rolleyes: He's a quality player IMO but not what Liverpool need. I don't really see where he will fit in. Would be better off spending whatever money will be available on a proper winger with a bit of pace. Kuyt has filled the gap this season pretty well but he is lacking in certain departments.

I feel Barry will join in the summer, probably for somewhere in the region of 8 -10 million - but hopefully that's not a reason to sell Alonso (there's room for both of them). Babel and Dosenna will more than likely leave (10 million combined would be good), cancelling out any money that will be spent on Barry. Also, hopefully Rafa will be given the 15 million he recouped from keane to spend, together with an extra little bit on top! Would love to see cover in the right back position (Glen Johnson would be nice but I can't see it) and Arron Lennon but it's unlikely Spurs will let him go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Seaneh wrote: »

Nailed on Juve signing.

Smashing little player.

Non Diego related, a player thats impressed me anytime I've seen him in the CL this season has been Raul Meiriles at Porto. Wouldn't mind seeing him end up at Anfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

SWAR wrote: »
    Tevez to Liverpool :rolleyes: He's a quality player IMO but not what Liverpool need. I don't really see where he will fit in. Would be better off spending whatever money will be available on a proper winger with a bit of pace. Kuyt has filled the gap this season pretty well but he is lacking in certain departments.

I feel Barry will join in the summer, probably for somewhere in the region of 8 -10 million - but hopefully that's not a reason to sell Alonso (there's room for both of them). Babel and Dosenna will more than likely leave (10 million combined would be good), cancelling out any money that will be spent on Barry. Also, hopefully Rafa will be given the 15 million he recouped from keane to spend, together with an extra little bit on top! Would love to see cover in the right back position (Glen Johnson would be nice but I can't see it) and Arron Lennon but it's unlikely Spurs will let him go.

Liverpool outs
    Dossena
    Itandje
    Voronin
    Lucas

Liverpool Ins
    Tevez
    Johnson
    Barry
    Silva

slingerz wrote: »
    Liverpool outs
    Dossena
    Itandje
    Voronin
    Lucas

Liverpool Ins
    Tevez
    Johnson
    Barry
    Silva

nice lil dream that, its what would be ideal maybe but wont happen

i dont think Dossena will leave. and i don't particularly want him to either. i expect him to improve big time next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

slingerz wrote: »
    Liverpool outs
    Dossena
    Itandje
    Voronin
    Lucas

Liverpool Ins
    Tevez
    Johnson
    Barry
    Silva

Dont think Voronin will be going anywhere, the germans wont pay the price (setanta this morning)

• Advertisement
Advertisement