Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer talk and rumours

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

orourkeda wrote: »
    He's not a premiershp player. Reading was more his level

What a load of baloney. He made the PFA Championship Team of the Year last season, scored 7 goals and made 20 assists and was one of our best players in the away game against Italy, if not THE best player. How does that make him at Reading's level?

These Reading fans roundly slating him are hating on him because he has wanted to leave them for ages now. Reading aren't good enough for him and that's the hard truth. If Doyle is Premiership quality then so is Hunt. He's not good enough for a top half Premier League team but he certainly is for a lower half team, and I reckon Hull have got a great signing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

and I reckon Hull have got a great signing.

I think your right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

FM legend to the PL? :)

Anthony Vanden Borre
    Genoa to Portsmouth - The Insider says: 4/5
    Anthony Van den Borre

All those advocates of PlayStation's Football Manager will be delighted to see one of the game's star players turn up at Portsmouth.

And Paul Hart must feel like he is in a make-believe situation with the daily twists and turn of Fratton Park.

The Belgian full-back (right) is only 23 and will come in on a loan deal with view to a permanent switch.

Portsmouth need to offload players to bring in further revenue this week unless ground can be made up rapidly on their take over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Playstations Football Manager. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

16.50 Sunderland have confirmed the signing of England Under-21 international midfielder Lee Cattermole on a four-year deal from Wigan for an initial fee of £6million.

Seems somewhat low considering the fuss they made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Hull signing Negredo would be the transfer of the season so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

PlayStation's Football Manager? *facepalm*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

eZe^ wrote: »
    Hull signing Negredo would be the transfer of the season so far...

getting him and Altidore up front would be a masterstroke by Brown. They are making a lot of very good looking signings are Hull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looks like Duffer is off to Fulham

Good move for both I reckon, would love Fulham to push on this season, I really like Roy Hodgson

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lescott supposidly having his medical at Man City now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

We've just denied it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Hope they sort it soon , it is dragging on a bit much now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

24 million fee for Lescott agreed. Deal to be completed tomorrow.

Breaking news on SSN just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Daysha wrote: »
    24 million fee for Lescott agreed. Deal to be completed tomorrow.

Breaking news on SSN just now.

lol

mg that's just throwing money away,he's not even worth anything over 15m
    imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Is that goodbye to Dunne now? Can't see him breaking up a Toure/Lescott partnership.

A move to Sunderland might be a good bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Headshot wrote: »
    lol

mg that's just throwing money away,he's not even worth anything over 15m
    imo

English and it's city. Very good defender and can play a variety of positions across the back. Since money isn't really an issue for City i think it's a quality signing. Exactly the kind of smart buys that will eventually make them serious contenders (if they aren't already).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Daysha wrote: »
    Is that goodbye to Dunne now? Can't see him breaking up a Toure/Lescott partnership.

A move to Sunderland might be a good bet.

Daysha , i hope not , i like Dunny playing at the back with City , i think a move to sunderland is a step back ( no offence meant to sunderland fans ) I have Lescott in my FF team as an Everton player , Does that mean i can keep him for the price i bought him LOL might sell him now and make a few bob hahaha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Hopefully Dunne goes to Villa. Just the defender to replace Laursen imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

If this was happening 2-3 seasons ago there'd be plenty of interest in Dunne. However last season and the last 3 months of the previous season his standard really dropped. Around the same time Micah Richards really fell from his pedestal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Incredible amount of wonga for a player like Lescott. Surely the deal of the century for Everton. Moyes must be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    English and it's city. Very good defender and can play a variety of positions across the back. Since money isn't really an issue for City i think it's a quality signing. Exactly the kind of smart buys that will eventually make them serious contenders (if they aren't already).
    City are serious contenders i'd say already. Money buy's you titles in England or anywhere for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Its a great deal for Everton, but he'll be a tough player to replace, if anything just for his versatility. Moyes needs to go out, buy a new CB, a Winger and a striker. He'll probably end up resigning Lars Jacobsen or getting Castillo on loan again though :pac:

hughes2558 wrote: »
    Hopefully Dunne goes to Villa. Just the defender to replace Laursen imo

he has been linked quite a bit recently and i wouldent be shocked if it happened. The Villa fan base are quite split on the matter though and If anything I think I would be in the minority as id be happy if he signed as I think he could get back to his Ireland/Pre-last season form with Villa (of course others woulld suggest that would just be wishfull thinking and perhaps with a lil bit of Irish bias thrown in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/August/Sylvinho-is-pure-gold
    Sylvinho is pure gold

City are delighted to announce that Brazilian left back Sylvinho has joined the club on a year-long contract.

The highly experienced, highly-rated 35-year-old international defender was released at the end of last season by the European Champions.

He has plenty of Premier League experience having made 55 appearances for Arsenal during a two-year stint at Highbury from 1999-2001.

Sylvinho, who will wear the number 16 shirt vacated by Kasper Schmeichel, is seen as the perfect complement to England left back Wayne Bridge.

Twice a Champions League winner, including last season when he played the entire 90 minutes of the 2-0 victory over Manchester United, and the collector of three La Liga titles whilst in Spain, Sylvinho has also played for Celta Vigo and Corinthians in a career that has seen him win six caps for Brazil.

Boss Mark Hughes is hoping that international clearance will arrive in time for his seventh summer signing to be included in the squad for the Carling Cup tie at Crystal Palace on Thursday night.

“Sylvinho has a wealth of experience at the very top level, having represented Brazil and played for some of the very top clubs in Europe,” declared the boss.

“When the chance presented itself to bring him to Manchester City as a free agent I saw it as representing excellent business for us. Sylvinho won the European Cup last season at Barcelona and he will strengthen our defensive options.”

Wtf? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Xavi6 wrote: »

Elano's gone, you need somebody to keep Robinho comnpany.

today it looks like...

Stoke to sign: Tuncay and Huth from Boro

Villa to sign: Dunne from Man City
    Warnock from Blackburn

Blackburn to sign: Chimbonda from Spurs

Everton to sign: Distin from Portsmouth

Portsmouth to sign: Tommy Smith and Mike Williamson from Watford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

today it looks like...

Stoke to sign: Tuncay and Huth from Boro

Great bit of business IMO. Can't believe Tuncay wasn't snapped up by one of the big guns and he's a steal at around the 5million Stoke got him for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hmmm interesting
    Bayern Munich agree Robben deal

Real Madrid have agreed to sell former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben to Bayern Munich for a reported £22m.

Robben will have a medical on Friday and Bayern chief Uli Hoeness hopes the Dutchman will be able to play against champions VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.

Robben had been linked to a move away from the Bernabeu since the arrivals of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka, with Tottenham reportedly interested.

Bayern chief Uli Hoeness said: "He'll make our team even more attractive."

Robben, 25, earned a reputation at both Chelsea and Real as an exciting playmaker but one who was easily injured, and he only played 50 matches in two seasons in Spain. He has 43 caps for the Netherlands.

Hoeness, Bayern's general manager, added: "He's one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe. He's always been one of the players we wanted.

"Our intention is to have Robben play on the right and Franck Ribery on the left. If it all goes perfectly and without any hitches, it would be theoretically possible for him to play on Saturday."

Anyone think he could still move?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Maybe part of a deal to bring Ribery in next summer?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Maybe part of a deal to bring Ribery in next summer?

there were rumours that as part of the deal Madrid would get first option on him.

Arouna dindane, Kevin Prince Boatang and Micheal brown all sign for Portsmouth

West Ham sign Alessandro Diamanti

Advertisement