Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer talk and rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A dammit

thats a shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Werder Bremen's Diego has signed for Juventus in a €25million (£22.3m) deal, according to the midfielder's agent.

Giacomo Petralito claims the 24-year-old Brazil international has agreed a five-year contract with the Italian giants and will complete the transfer at the end of the season.

Diego has been an integral part of Uefa Cup finalists Werder's side since arriving from Porto in 2006 and he has been linked with Bayern Munich in the past.

But the player's representative, Petralito, claims his client has opted to leave Germany in order to make a big-money move to Serie A.

Petralito told Kicker: "Diego has signed for Juventus. Everything happened last Wednesday."

Diego, who is suspended for the Uefa Cup final against Shakhtar Donetsk, has scored 33 goals in 87 matches. He has also won 38 caps for Brazil and scored seven times.

AH ring :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Werder Bremen's Diego has signed for Juventus in a €25million (£22.3m) deal, according to the midfielder's agent.

Giacomo Petralito claims the 24-year-old Brazil international has agreed a five-year contract with the Italian giants and will complete the transfer at the end of the season.

Diego has been an integral part of Uefa Cup finalists Werder's side since arriving from Porto in 2006 and he has been linked with Bayern Munich in the past.

But the player's representative, Petralito, claims his client has opted to leave Germany in order to make a big-money move to Serie A.

Petralito told Kicker: "Diego has signed for Juventus. Everything happened last Wednesday."

Diego, who is suspended for the Uefa Cup final against Shakhtar Donetsk, has scored 33 goals in 87 matches. He has also won 38 caps for Brazil and scored seven times.

That could be interesting. According to loads of (usually reliable) german media reports he has agreed a move to Bayern last night.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/werder/2009/05/13/diego/bayern-schnappt-ihn-juve-weg.html

According to reports his Dad, and his two advisors Karl-Heinz Fleischmann and Osma Bartulyte sealed the deal last night. According to the news Juve "only" offered him 3.5 mil Euro and not the 4.5 mil. Euro he demanded. So Bayern offered him 4.5 mil. Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ade to Chelsea Shocker?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/14/arsenal-arsene-wenger-emmanuel-adebayor
    Arsène Wenger has opened the door to Emmanuel Adebayor leaving Arsenal this summer by stating he would have no problem in selling a player to Chelsea or any other big four rival. Adebayor, who has endured a turbulent season after he came, in Wenger's words, "close to leaving the club" last summer, has emerged as a possible target for Chelsea. Roman *Abramovich, Chelsea's owner, admires the Togo striker and so does Carlo Ancelotti, the Milan manager, whom Chelsea hope to install as Guus Hiddink's successor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Juventus/19-05-2009/juve-cannavaro-c-firma-50423003267.shtml

Cannavaro's gone to Juventus. I was hoping he'd end up going to Napoli, but I'd say they would have struggled to meet his wage demands. He might get a frosty reception from the fans though, as a lot of them hold a grudge against him for 'abandoning' them when they were relegated.

That means Madrid are looking for a new centre-back, time to batten down the hatches before Marca come sniffing around your club!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Ah, i thought Cannavaro would have considered England... Would have liked to have seen how he would have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ah, i thought Cannavaro would have considered England... Would have liked to have seen how he would have done.

His tendency to try and chest the ball 30 yards back to his keeper and attempt overhead bicycle clearances every time the ball comes near him would have been very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nah - he never wanted that. He said a few weeks ago that he still wanted to be part of the Italian team for the next world cup, and didn't want to go anywhere where he would be starting new, which is why he turned down Bayern Munich and Man City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

milito and motta to inter.

link

milito is quality and will take pressure off ibrahimovic to score and will more than adequately cover for adriano's departure,

i expect motta to add more depth to the midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Jaysus, Motta really has been whoring himself around these days, Barca, Atletico, Genoa, and now Inter... He's far too injury prone and everything Inter do not need. Inter need a Xabi Alonso...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

never knew how Motta could be considered good enough for a team with Champions League ambitions like Inter. Just another average midfielder to add to their bloated squad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

never knew how Motta could be considered good enough for a team with Champions League ambitions like Inter. Just another average midfielder to add to their bloated squad...

An average midfielder for an average team tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Chelsea will bid £22m in the summer for Inter Milan's Brazilian defender Douglas Maicon, a player wanted by the club's probable new manager Carlo Ancelotti.
    (Full story: Daily Star)

Em.... Bosingwa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Daily Star though lol, says enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

JPA wrote: »
    Em.... Bosingwa?

Maicon is the best right back in the world though tbf

• Advertisement

gustavo wrote: »
    Maicon is the best right back in the world though tbf

Still though, they bought Bosingwa last year for £16 million and he has been top notch. Maicon would be an expensive upgrade but not a huge jump in quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

keane2097 wrote: »
    An average midfielder for an average team tbh...
    He's had a brilliant season with Genoa but I still think he'll be a flop at Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Quaresma woould be a good buy
    :eek:

Have you seen Quaresma recently? Flopped at Inter and relegated to the reserves at Chelsea.

Chelsea lodge Assmann interest

Chelsea have made contact with Independiente over Fabian Assmann, skysports.com understands.

The highly-rated 23-year-old is being tracked by a host of clubs, with interest from England very strong.

Arsenal, Everton, Wolves and Birmingham are amongst the clubs linked with Assman, who could reportedly move on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

But it is Chelsea who are seemingly leading the chase after they made contact with Assmann's club Independiente.

Chelsea are looking for a new number two to provide back-up for Petr Cech and Middlesbrough's Ross Turnbull is known to be high on their wanted list.

However, Assmann is another potential recruit and his British-based representative Barry McIntosh has confirmed their interest.

"We have been made aware that Chelsea have gone to the club and made contact," McIntosh told skysports.com.

"However, there are a number of clubs looking at him and it is too early to say where it is happening."

McIntosh intimated that Assmann would prefer a move to a club where he would command the number one jersey.

"Assman will be playing for Argentina very soon, and with a World Cup coming up he has a very good chance of making the squad," he continued.

"So for him to go somewhere as number two, we are not sure if that is going to be the best option - if somebody else was to offer first-team football then we would have to look very closely at that."

Rumours that Ashley Cole is behind this transfer are greatly exaggerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Chelsea lodge Assmann interest :pac: :pac: hahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Chelsea lodge Assmann interest

Chelsea have made contact with Independiente over Fabian Assmann, skysports.com understands.

The highly-rated 23-year-old is being tracked by a host of clubs, with interest from England very strong.

Arsenal, Everton, Wolves and Birmingham are amongst the clubs linked with Assman, who could reportedly move on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

But it is Chelsea who are seemingly leading the chase after they made contact with Assmann's club Independiente.

Chelsea are looking for a new number two to provide back-up for Petr Cech and Middlesbrough's Ross Turnbull is known to be high on their wanted list.

However, Assmann is another potential recruit and his British-based representative Barry McIntosh has confirmed their interest.

"We have been made aware that Chelsea have gone to the club and made contact," McIntosh told skysports.com.

"However, there are a number of clubs looking at him and it is too early to say where it is happening."

McIntosh intimated that Assmann would prefer a move to a club where he would command the number one jersey.

"Assman will be playing for Argentina very soon, and with a World Cup coming up he has a very good chance of making the squad," he continued.

"So for him to go somewhere as number two, we are not sure if that is going to be the best option - if somebody else was to offer first-team football then we would have to look very closely at that."

BillyGunn.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Damn you Royale. Only seen it now and had my reply ready so feck ya I'm still posting it.
    Chelsea owner mis-understands translation when fans claimed the Premiership is becoming more like the WWE and has announced his latest interest:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Do we have an official transfer thread...I went back a few pages and couldn't find any.

Anyway, first big deal of the summer:

Diego has signed for Juventus for a fee of £21.5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

21.5m thats a steal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid all interested in Portos Bruno Alves.

Is he the guy who is always getting sent off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Is this 100% confirmed? :(

Headshot wrote: »
    21.5m thats a steal .

Maybe as a United fan you think so, but it's a actually a massive amount of money.

Boggles wrote: »
    Is this 100% confirmed? :(

Yes

true but hes a quality player and worth around 25-27 million, i wonder did diego have his heart set on juve, it seems there wasnt much interest in aquiring hes service besides juve and bayern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

finally! been waiting 2 years for this to happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Poor Italian clubs just can't compete with the big bad mega rich English clubs I see...

Maybe as a United fan you think so, but it's a actually a massive amount of money.

They got him for 6 million less then they should have, great bit of business by the Italians, courting him for ages.

They got him for 6 million less then they should have, great bit of business by the Italians, courting him for ages.

A player is worth what a team will pay. How do you define what they should have paid? You can't.

A player is worth what a team will pay. How do you define what they should have paid? You can't.

e.g. Torres should have cost more than 22 million.

Sometimes teams get a bargain, open market Diego was worth 28 million IMO.

Alternatively Bellamy cost 14 million, he is worth 5 quid.

I have no doubt Juve will be obliged to return the favour at some stage to the Germans.

e.g. Torres should have cost more than 22 million.

Sometimes teams getting a bargain, open market Diego was worth 28 million IMO.

Alternatively Bellamy cost 14 million, he is worth 5 quid.

I don't like arguing when I have no real passion for it, but, how many players have cost 28 million or more? Even 10?
    And in hindsight, Torres was worth the money, but you can't say anything over 20 million is a bargain. He could have flopped.
    open market Diego was worth 28 million

Well it was an open market wasn't it?

I don't like arguing when I have no real passion for it, but, how many players have cost 28 million or more? Even 10?
    And in hindsight, Torres was worth the money, but you can't say anything over 20 million is a bargain. He could have flopped.

I never said it was a bargain I said it was a great bit of business.

Maybe I am biased, I have followed Diegos career and I think he is world class.

I was hoping he would come to United and put a figure of 28 million on it.

IMO 21 million is a great price for him and the Italians have done well, striking up a transfer channel with Juve will not be bad for the Germans either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I have fond memories of signing Diego for Bayern Munich from Santos back in the old Championship Manager days. Great signing for Juve. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

he will definately do well there as i signed him for Juve in the old championship manager, when he was 18. he won the champions league and league in first year

so there, its a FACT

The transfer has cost Juve in excess of £25 mil., as the Diego and his Dad had a clause that he would get 15% of any fee. But Bremen would only let him leave if Juve paid that. So it was £21.5 mil that Bremen got plus another £3.5 for the player and his dad.

BTW. Bayern have just signed Gomez for approx. 30 mil Euro. So they already spent something like 45mil. this year on 2 players (Gomez and Timotschuk (sp?) from St. Petersburg).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

went to a werder game last season and while its only one game i have to say i was thoroughly unimpressed with a lot of aspects of his game, he's control was top notch but that was about it. seemed to always try over complicated passes...

i have kept an eye out for him since and i haven't changed my opinion of him. Again it's only one live game and a handful of highlights but nothing has shown me he is worth 21.5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

DubDani wrote: »
    The transfer has cost Juve in excess of £25 mil., as the Diego and his Dad had a clause that he would get 15% of any fee. But Bremen would only let him leave if Juve paid that. So it was £21.5 mil that Bremen got plus another £3.5 for the player and his dad.

BTW. Bayern have just signed Gomez for approx. 30 mil Euro. So they already spent something like 45mil. this year on 2 players (Gomez and Timotschuk (sp?) from St. Petersburg).

does that mean they spent 15 million on Tymoshuck?

does that mean they spent 15 million on Tymoshuck?

11 mil. plus add ons and related fees. So I would say close enough to 15. mil.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=801593.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Diego is a great signing for Juve, now a few full backs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol at top class players still going to Italy to play football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Juventus are dog s*** !

He has too much class for them.

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »

Ya how dare one of the biggest clubs in the world, in one of the biggest leagues in the world sign a good player. Lets have 50 man squads in the premier league.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

CHD wrote: »

Oh dear. Let me guess he should have gone to the best, greatest, most amazing, sublime, sensational league EPL? :rolleyes:

Back on topic.

Diego is of course an excellent signing on paper for Juve, but only if he plays in his proper position. He isn't Nedved and really should be made to play LM. Juve should show a bit of initiative and move to a 4-3-3 or
    4-2-3-1.

Looking at their current squad, the 4-3-3 suits them more IMO:
    Del Piero - Amauri - Iaquinta
    Diego
    Marchisio - Sissoko
    De Ceglie Chiellini Cannavaro Grygera
    Buffon

That is a very good midfield but the defence leaves a bit to be desired. Chiellini is obviously class and I think Cannavaro will do well being back in Italy as the pace overall is his comfort zone but they lack quality full backs which needs to be addressed now. I suggest Liverpool's Dossena lol.

Juve should focus their remaining transfer budget on fullbacks and a CM that's clearly evident now.

Oh I think Giovinco definitely deserves to start more next season, but where to play him is the problem. Possibly in rotation with either wing forward in my line up above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

I think Diego will be a pissed off also playing in front of 20,000 juve supporters rather than 60,000 at Bremen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

legs11 wrote: »
    I think Diego will be a pissed off also playing in front of 20,000 juve supporters rather than 60,000 at Bremen...
    I don't see why?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

legs11 wrote: »

he's just moved to one of the most prestigious clubs in the world, I reckon the guy will find a way to console himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement