Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer talk and rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mayordenis wrote: »
    I refuse to believe that ever.
    ????

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

????

you seem perplexed, who is that?
    Maxi Rodriguez is too good for Spurs he could easily go to a side playing in the champions league if he were to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

????

everdead where you getting this info

Headshot wrote: »
    everdead where you getting this info

The Sun I'd imagine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Couldn't see this posted anywhere else. Small bit of a come down for Big Phil Scolari as he joins up with Uzbek champions Bunyodkor as their new coach. Reminds me of Brian Kerr heading off to the Faroes, except Phil's probably going to pick up a few more Uzbek Dollars!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8091953.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The Sun I'd imagine :pac:

More likely any one of a number of Spurs forums: COYS, SO, SIMB, GG.net (not FTL, as it's down for the foreseeable)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

mayordenis wrote: »
    you seem perplexed, who is that?
    Maxi Rodriguez is too good for Spurs he could easily go to a side playing in the champions league if he were to leave.
    I believe Liverpool were linked with him last season. And he scored a cracker against us this season to boot. Fine player, Spurs would be going backwards. And he's captain at Athelico!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

linked with van nistelrooy everywhere from skysports news and almost every spurs forum the other one was some tabloid alright(Daily mail i think) it does say rumours tho in the thread title and i'd be delighted to see a couple of proven players like that in the spurs team although I think the Rodriguez one really is just a rumour Redknapp said he was looking for proven prem players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Any more word on Javi Martinez to Liverpool/Man City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Interesting one - Quaresma's move to Genoa has broken down :confused:

Also Pandev clearly wants out of Lazio.

Also Maicon is seeking the joy....:confused:
    Pandev certain of Lazio exit

Wednesday, 10 June 2009
    Lazio striker Goran Pandev has told club president Claudio Lotito that he definitely wants to move on this summer.

The 25-year-old FYR Macedonia frontman has been heavily linked with a move to Bayern Munich in recent times and is eager for a fresh challenge.

He told Sky Italia: “My cycle with Lazio is over. I want to find other motivations and go and play for another team.

“I have spoken with Lotito and I explained to him the situation. The president wasn't happy.

“He still doesn't believe that I want to go away, but I am finished with Lazio. I hope Lotito finds a solution that makes us all happy.

“I have spent five wonderful years with Lazio. I have improved a lot and I always behaved well.

“In the last few months I wasn't all that focused. I thought Lotito would ask me to renew my contract and now I have decided to go away.”

Genoa have announced that they have pulled the plug on a deal to sign Portugal winger Ricardo Quaresma from Internazionale.

The 25-year-old endured a difficult first season at the San Siro and was loaned out to Chelsea in January, but failed to make much of an impact at Stamford Bridge.

The former Sporting Lisbon, Barcelona and FC Porto forward had been expected to re-start his career in Genoa, but now looks set to stay with the Nerazzurri for the time being.

Genoa president Enrico Preziosi confirmed: "Ricardo Quaresma will not be joining us.

"Quaresma will not be joining us because he doesn't feel like committing to our project. If this is the way he sees it, then it is only right that he remains with Inter."

Internazionale wing-back Douglas Maicon has again signalled his unhappiness at the San Siro, with both Chelsea and Real Madrid being linked with interest in the Brazilian.

The 27-year-old has been with the Italian champions for three seasons, but feels that he is not appreciated enough by the Nerazzurri.

He told La Gazzetta dello Sport: “I am not a phenomenon, but I am not a player like any other. Inter have been disregarding me for three years.

“I said I would gladly stay at Inter to win the Champions League. As you can see, the good actions have all come from me. The Nerazzurri have kept silent and this behaviour hurts me.

“I have asked my agent to do everything possible to give me back my happiness. I am seeking joy at Inter or at another club.”

Maicon’s agent, Antonio Caliendo, had earlier told calciomercato.it: “Maicon has many years left on his contract with Inter. However, I believe he hasn’t received the attention he deserves.

“Chelsea and Real? We have several options open to us, but first we want to see what happens with Inter.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/pandev-certain-of-lazio-exit-1701447.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Joy or a bucketload more money? Or are they same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

JPA wrote: »
    Joy or a bucketload more money? Or are they same?

:)

They do seem to be related given the general gist of the quotes seems to be " I want an improved contract"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Ronaldo gone to Madrid for £80 million.....Dont know how to feel about it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

yermandan wrote: »
    Ronaldo gone to Madrid for £80 million.....Dont know how to feel about it tbh

i fear this will need a thread of its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Pirlo could be set to leave Milan for Chelsea.

If that goes through, they can completely forget about the Champions League next season.

Pirlo could be set to leave Milan for Chelsea.

If that goes through, they can completely forget about the Champions League next season.

If you look at their squad now, you can in a few years it'll be no more...

Dida (35)
    Kakha Kaladze (31)
    Gennaro Gattuso(31)
    Filippo Inzaghi (35)
    Clarence Seedorf (33)
    Christian Abbiati (31)
    Alessandro Nesta (33)
    Gianluca Zambrotta (32)
    Željko Kalac (36)
    Marek Jankulovski (32)
    Giuseppe Favalli (37)
    Andrea Pirlo (30)
    Massimo Ambrosini(32)

Pompey executive chairman Peter Storrie talking on ssn atm

he has said that 1 of the big 4 are in for Glen Johnston

Chelsea.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Chelsea.

why chelsea

they have bosingwa and Paulo Ferreira

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

it was on SSN that liverpool and chelsea have bid between £15-18 million for Glen Johnson, and Man City have made what was described as a "firm enquiry" also.

Would be surprising to see him end up back at chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Chelsea would have no need for him.
    I'd have to guess it's Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Wouldn't have thought Liverpool have the money available, that they haad to seel before buying.

Maybe Arbeloa to Real, and Johnson is the replacement.

Or maybe even Johnson to Real.

Apparently Gareth Southgate had made an enquiry about Scholes and G. Neville.

Apparently Gareth Southgate had made an enquiry about Scholes and G. Neville.

scholes now ?

Mourinho is apparently after Deco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Vokes wrote: »
    Wouldn't have thought Liverpool have the money available, that they haad to seel before buying.

Maybe Arbeloa to Real, and Johnson is the replacement.

Or maybe even Johnson to Real.

Rafa has sadi this week he's happy with the money he has available.

scholes now ?
    He hasn't exactly shut the door on a move.

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/05/24/1282822/manchester-united-legend-paul-scholes-dont-pick-me-out-of

Wonder will he play out a season at Oldham?

Wonder will he play out a season at Oldham?

check out mitch connors post in the Utd thread yesterday, he's never been an oldham fan, its an urban myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr Alan wrote: »
    check out mitch connors post in the Utd thread yesterday, he's never been an oldham fan, its an urban myth.

Really? My mate is a hardcore Oldham fan and would beg to differ on that.

EDIT: Just found the post. I'll look forward to breaking the news to my mate tomorrow! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Mr Alan wrote: »

That's odd seeing as two seasons ago he left UTD's celebrations early after a cup win to fly by helicopter to see oldham play in a playoff semi-final...

• Advertisement

Bolton have opened talks with Sporting Lisbon about signing midfielder Miguel Veloso, but the player's agent says several other clubs are interested.

Manchester City are among the clubs to be keen on signing the 22-year-old, according to Paulo Barbosa.

"What is happening now is that clubs are waiting to see what other clubs could offer, in order to make their own bid," said Barbosa.

The Portuguese player is believed to have a price tag of about £12m.

"It's something we are trying to do but whether it comes to fruition is another thing," said Bolton manager Gary Megson.

"He is a quality act. If we can do it we will try to bring him in. We have spoken to Sporting but that is all it is at the moment."

Veloso has previously expressed an interest in playing abroad.

"He (Veloso) is not allowed to talk too much now about this subject but he is looking forward to seeing clubs reaching an agreement," added Barbosa.

"It is important to notice that Bolton are not alone. Manchester City have already shown interest in him.

"Probably (between Tuesday and Wednesday) there might be an outcome on this issue.

"What may block the negotiations? Well if the bidders do not offer what Sporting Lisbon are looking at, for example."

Megson confirmed that such funds could be made available if they can find the right target.

"He certainly is expensive but that is not the issue," he added.

"If we can take the right player to (club owner) Eddie Davies there has never been an amount of money that he hasn't given us.

"If it is a player we think will improve us and it is do-able we will try to do it.

"We would like to bring in quality players but if they are not quality players we won't do it for the sake of it."

However, Velosa has made clear his contentment at Sporting and stressed at the weekend that he did not want to leave the club.

"I started at Sporting, it was Sporting that created me and I just have to thank Sporting for everything they have done for me," he told the club's website.

"I am happy at the Alvalade Stadium and I will continue to work to help the team achieve what we want. I am committed."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Always thought Veloso was a very good defensive midfielder, would be a excellent signing for a team like Sunderland.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Seaneh wrote: »
    That's odd seeing as two seasons ago he left UTD's celebrations early after a cup win to fly by helicopter to see oldham play in a playoff semi-final...

Apparently he doesn't like big functions/end of year awards things. Have a really old interview with him in Match or some other such magazine saying they're not his thing. Maybe the same is true here. He's a very low key guy.

My understanding is, he has one more year left at man u, then he's done playing. I do think he'd be an excellent coach.

People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United.

bloke doesn't strike me as the kind who'd tell fibs just to licks fans holes.

Eh, maybe he was just supporting his local team so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

@ Headshot's post

I still think Veloso would be an absolutely fantastic signing for Arsenal.
    He's a Defensive Oriented Midfielder who can pass a ball very well.
    And at 12 million is certainly very affordable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

United linked with a £40 million pound move to sign Torres apparently. It was also referenced on SSN this morning.

link here

also here, about Silva from Valencia as well as Torres

Max Power1 wrote: »
    United linked with a £40 million pound move to sign Torres apparently. It was also referenced on SSN this morning.

link here

Good player but i dont think hes utd standard ;)
    It will never ever ever happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Max Power1 wrote: »

link here

RE: Torres...

best comedy story of the summer so far.

bar none.

fair play to them for having the cajones to print that sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

indeed - i do think every player has their price in general, but I don't think Torres would have a price when it comes to Man United.

• Advertisement

Tottenham Hotspur are reported to be on the verge of signing Diego Capel from Sevilla after agreeing terms with the player and meeting his buy-out clause.

The North London club are poised to confirm a deal to bring the left-sided starlet to White Hart Lane having met the 15million euros (£12m) asking price, according to Diario de Sevilla.

A deal may have been wrapped up by now had Tottenham not requested that the two clubs split the resulting tax bill, which totals almost 2.5m euros.

Sevilla were desperate for Capel to sign a new deal that would see his buy-out clause increase dramatically, but disagreements between the player's agents and club president José Maria del Nido prevented talks from taking place.
    Four-year deal

One of Capel's representatives is Rene Ramos, brother of Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos, and he along with Pedro Bravo could push through the deal that would see their client triple his current salary in the Premier League.

Tottenham are believed to have agreed a four-year deal with the 20-year-old and he is keen to work with Spurs boss Juande Ramos once again after rising to prominence under him in Spain.

Capel's buy-out clause before he had played 40 league games for the club was 12m euros and that was when the Premier League outfit first made contact and put forward their contract proposal to Ramos and Bravo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Spurs boss Juande Ramos... methinks that was last year headshot

Haha, copy and paste fail.

Lol well that was a proper fail.

Happens to the best of us ted.

Where did ya find that anyway?

Since last summer they have bumpped Capels min-fee to around 34million euros aswell, so doubt spurs will be going for him.

Happens to the best of us ted.

Where did ya find that anyway?

Since last summer they have bumpped Capels min-fee to around 34million euros aswell, so doubt spurs will be going for him.

cant remember where i got it Seaneh

maybe on another forum or somthing

i better redeem myself
    Reported Manchester United target and former player Giuseppe Rossi has claimed that he dreams of plying his trade in Italy.

Villarreal striker Rossi has been linked with a return to Old Trafford, as Sir Alex Ferguson looks to spend the money from Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Madrid.

Rossi says he is aware that Juventus are keen to do a swap deal with Villarreal that would see David Trezeguet moving in the opposite direction.

But the striker, who is contracted to Villarreal until 2013, insists he is focused on his club and country duties.

Nevertheless, the USA-born, Italy international, who is currently preparing the Confederations Cup in Pretoria, has confirmed that playing Serie A football remains his dream.

“I am aware of this option [Juventus] but I have a long-term contract with Villarreal, where I am good,” Rossi told Tutto Mercato.

“Of course, I can confirm that my dream is to return to Italy, but they would have to sell me.

“And at the present time I want to remain focused on the Confederations Cup.”

nice to see Rossi going well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Fabregas with a come and get me to Barca, or a play for a new & improved contract...
    Cesc Fábregas has said that an offer from Barcelona would be 'special' but that he is also keen to win trophies with Arsenal, especially after being award the captaincy last season. Fábregas, who joined Arsenal as a teenager from Barcelona's youth system, has repeatedly been linked with a move back to Spain and his latest ambiguous comments will not be very comforting for Arsenal supporters.

"It's very obvious that it (an offer from Barca) would be special but I am also clear about the fact that Arsenal made me captain in the middle of last season," he said.

"That gives me extra responsibility and ties me closer to the club and I would be excited to win a trophy as captain of the Gunners," he said, but added that if Guardiola called him "it would be different."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/14/cesc-fabregas-barcelona-special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lol well that was a proper fail.

:D

Sevilla said they would never do business with us after the Ramos affair, but according to the latest rumours relations have thawed a little as Sevilla want to sign Zokora and talks have taken place between the two clubs.

We won't be getting Capel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fabregas with a come and get me to Barca, or a play for a new & improved contract...

unfortunate for him then that Barcelona really don't need him.

what a scary thing to be able to say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

SlickRic wrote: »
    unfortunate for him then that Barcelona really don't need him.

what a scary thing to be able to say.

They don't need him but maybe they would like to get him back, xavi and iniesta can't play every game.

Advertisement