Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is my gallery page loading so slow?

Options
  • 23-04-2009 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Can anyone help my figure out why the main section of this gallery page loads so slowly? It seems to wait for a second or two. It does load a javascript file but it's <40kb .

The rest of the website doesn't have this delay before loading.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

At a guess, the thumbnails in the gallery are being dynamically generated from larger photos each time the page loads.

This is an intensive task to do every time the page is viewed, you should see if you can make the thumbnails into static images using whatever script you have, or use another script that does this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Nope the thumbnails are static, not dynamically generated. It's a very basic gallery script, I upload the thumbnails when I upload my images. (.... old-school :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

Oh ok :pac:

You could do a bit of PHP hackery and print the gettimeofday() at the start and end of the script to verify if the script is the culprit I guess...

Advertisement