Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6300 - Name replacing Date Problem.

• 23-04-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I recently bought a Black Nokia 6300 mobile, but it is now starting to irritate me!

What happens is, when you reach the end of a call or finish using the internet - the phone goes back to the main screen and then flashes up the day/date for about 2 seconds, then it displays a name from my phonebook in its place - does anybody know how to get rid of this - I want it to show the date??

I've read the manual and it doesn't help with the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi,
    welcome to boards.

I would suggest reinstalling the firmware on the phone. You can do it yourself from the nokia website. You will need to backup all your contacts on the the computer yourself first.

Use Nokia software updater, its very simple. Download it from Nokia here. They give detailed instructions so you shouldn't have any problems, and if it doesn't need to be updated, if its the latest firmware already, you need to still install the same firmware.

Advertisement