Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent Carpet Shampooer

• 23-04-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Has any one done this before and if so where did you rent from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Was it B&Q that used to do this?? Someone else may be able to confirm. Otherwise, give them a quick call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Yes B&Q rent them out, for approx 30 euro for 24 hours. I think it's 40 if you take it for 2 days. Bit of hard work involved as the machine is heavy and you have to drag is slowly back over the carpets and refill the water often. However it's well worth renting as results are great and you won't believe the amount of muck in your carpets and rugs. They come also with an upholstery attachment so you can do stairs and sofas. HTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Homebase do them as well, but seem dearer than B&Q I think it worked out at 100 euro 80 + 20 for cleaner and detergant for 24 hours.

I was only doing my stairs and would have bought a new carpet for 99 euo so really I am down a euro but have a lovely clean carpet

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

2nd time typing this as the Safari browser on this Apple ate my first attampt :(

Anyway, we rented a Rug-Doctor from B&Q recently and it worked well, had our old cheap carpet looking like new (well for a few wks til someone brought in mucky feet again). Found it easy to use.

check the FAQs on the www.rugdoctor.co.uk website to see if you're carpet is suitable.
    USA version of the website www.rugdoctor.com has a video info-mercial that shows how it works.
    Think it cost us 30quid for 24 hours, and 39 for 48 hours, but B&Q asked us to pay up front so we could have kept it for over the 24 hours probably.
    On top of that you will need a carpet cleaner concentrate, we just bought the Rug Doctor branded ones they had. About 13quid for a 2 litre bottle (says on the front of the bottle that this cleans approx 800 square feet of carpet)

Didnt take us too long to clean a 4 metre by 4 metre room.
    Ask them in store to show you how to change the water / hook the whole thing up.
    Be careful when changing the water not to spill the container of water on your carpet (not end of the world as you can just go over that area again).
    Really surprising how much crap comes out of the carpets, some of the water was filthy black coming out. Some parts of our carpet in corners of the room had been filthy just from dust, even though we would hoover it often enough.
    Used it on the car seats too and did nice job, maybe coz the hoover part of the rug-doctor is super strong.

gets the thumbs up from me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I forgot to mention also, if you do go with B&Q (seem the cheapest), you'll need to bring 1 piece of photographic ID, and one household bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sam Hire also do it and for a disaster of an off white carpet being in a sitting room that's usually full of kids it does the job very well! I'd definitely advise to do it yourself too, I haven't found any carpet cleaner companies to put in the elbow grease that your carpet needs!

http://www.samhire.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I've used Mr Hire inn Rathfarnham, again its tough work, if you want to get an extra day without paying for it, get it out over a bank holiday!

Advertisement