Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can boards do to help the current state of the nation?

Options
  • 23-04-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, as we know there is no jobs and lots of idle people.

could boards engage in some sort of skills exchange where people can perhaps offer skills in one area in exchange for the receipient offering something back that the other user would need. Eg, mr bloggs sees a tiler looking to get a pc fixed in exchanged for tiling a small bathroom for example.

just a thought.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I think everyone who can should support this forum request if they interested in what you are talking about .

But then again there is the problem in if people do not carry out there task that they have been assigned , if there is a robbery , etc .Is boards held liable or is it just a medium.

If it was set up ,I would say there would have to be a contract between both parties and insurance that if they don't carry out there end of the barter then they should have to pay for the service (forfeit fee agreed before hand). Also you would have to have a supervisor , in the sense they report to that person when they start and finish a task .

In an ideal world it would be nice , but we don't live in an ideal world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Am I the only one who sees the sexual connotations of a "ask a favour, do a favour" forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

turgon wrote: »
    Am I the only one who sees the sexual connotations of a "ask a favour, do a favour" forum?

You might be

I generally have an innuendo filled mind but I don't see anthing wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

turgon wrote: »

They should play up that angle. They'd get far more support that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

There are a few sections on Adverts.ie : Jobs Wanted , Jobs Available, Services Available and Services Wanted

There's also a section for Free Stuff where you can get things like furniture or an aul telly or fridge or cooker for free. I got a DVD player free once :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    There are a few sections on Adverts.ie : Jobs Wanted , Jobs Available, Services Available and Services Wanted

There's also a section for Free Stuff where you can get things like furniture or an aul telly or fridge or cooker for free. I got a DVD player free once :)

Yea, i was aware somewhat of the jobs section in adverts.ie

Perhaps what im thinking of is not easily implimented, i was thiking that users could put in their profile page what their area of expertise is or within the post itself and match their skills with a request within a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I think you mean something like this:

http://www.u-exchange.com/memberlist/England/Cheshire

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

snyper wrote: »
    What can boards do to help the current state of the nation?
    Well, people could log off and do some work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

might be thinking of craigslist

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

kmarx1.jpg

feckin commies.

i like this idea btw, as well as the other ideas.

a boards flavour of these would be pretty nifty.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

whos that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Karl Marx (wiki)

snyper wrote: »
        Yea, i was aware somewhat of the jobs section in adverts.ie

Perhaps what im thinking of is not easily implimented, i was thiking that users could put in their profile page what their area of expertise is or within the post itself and match their skills with a request within a forum.

Terry's had a link in his sig on and off in the last while. If I hear of anyone looking for a tiler I'll probably ask him.

A seperate Services availble/wanted forum for boards users (with a specific number of non-spam posts so it's not abused by randomers) might be a good idea though. Good luck it :)

Overheal wrote: »
        might be thinking of craigslist

There is a craigslist for Dublin and Cork. Awful site though and it's not taken off here.
        Overheal wrote: »
        whos that?

Oh yeah, you're american aren't you ? No wonder you don't know who it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In Forums forum there is a suggestion of a trade swap / skill swap forum.

Advertisement