Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP restricts my betting

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Its a common enough thing to hear of certain accounts being restricted but when it visited my door I made a call to the head office and talked it out. If you can show that you are a consistent punter they will deal with you regardless of your winning status. These big bookies cannot be afraid of a winning sequence!! They are going to be knocked about by being used by people to guarantee a win.
    What makes me laugh is that anyone who needs PP to arb is not using the Exchanges to the best of their abilities. The way the Exchanges are set up it is usual to a 101% book. Therefore the top three or four in the market are the same as the mainline bookies but the outsiders can be anything up to 5 times the price on the Exchanges!! Where is it necessary to use PP when that is the case? Is it because you cant get enough on with the Exchanges? Just post up how much you want to match and let time take its toll...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

just wondering what is the different between arbing and hedgeing. By the way i agree if the bookies wrongly price something Real Madrid 9/4 to win yesterday was a great price should have been jumped on think it was -1 4/1 i belive this i see no problem with. but i think what is being talked about here is different to a market priced wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mr figs

What makes me laugh is that anyone who needs PP to arb is not using the Exchanges to the best of their abilities. The way the Exchanges are set up it is usual to a 101% book. Therefore the top three or four in the market are the same as the mainline bookies but the outsiders can be anything up to 5 times the price on the Exchanges!! Where is it necessary to use PP when that is the case? Is it because you cant get enough on with the Exchanges? Just post up how much you want to match and let time take its toll...

I don’t get this. What do you mean? If e.g. Everton are 100/1 to win league on betfair at start of season (to back), how can you arb that directly on betfair?

There seem to be different arguments as to what arbing is. Is arbing not just backing one outcome, and simultaneously laying at a lower price elsewhere? Or am I missing something?If you post up how much you want to match and let time take its toll, who's to say your bet will be accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

scheister wrote: »
    just wondering what is the different between arbing and hedgeing.

Hedging I'd define as follows. Say you'd put great big wedge on Man United to win the Premier League 8/1 back in December.
    Now they are 1/12 or whatever and you cover/hedge by putting a few quid on Liverpool and Chelsea at current prices to either a) cover your stake, or b) guarantee some sort of return.
    But the bets have been done aeons apart, and in general the bookies have no problem with this sort of thing.

Whereas arbing would be doing different bets on the same day in different bookies/exchanges because it is possible to guarantee a no-risk return.
    The bookies don't like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

Its why theres such a thing a bookmakers licence and why its regulated

but by using Betfair he doesnt need a licence...hes not making a market to anybody who asks him to..only for a specific bet. Hence he doesnt need a licence

• Advertisement
Advertisement