Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Students

• 23-04-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Was thinking about taking on some students for the summer, just wondering has any one done this before any advice on which language school to use? We are a young couple in our late twentys so we would rather not take on a young child of 12 or so....

any advice would be helpful

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Hey we live in Bray........ and have rang around a few schools for appilcation forms. does anyone have any advice or reccomedations that could be helpfull?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Try contacting Lawrences school on the N11 just before Cabinteely, many commute to/from Bray.
    You want mid teens, girls tend to be better than the lads BUT they spend an hour in the bathroom!! Lads tend to not come home for dinner and eat at fast food places and do one load of washing in 4 weeks.

If you get a couple its out to Tesco for their finest cusine (yellow pack everything).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cleo1

Hi, i've been taking students for a good few years now, summer is always busy. I'm registered with about 6 schools i'd say. I have no students at present, all the schools are very quiet. I rang around a few others and they are not taking on any new host families. 2 years ago, one of the schools i was with asked me to take camper beds off them so i could take in more students as they were so busy. (disgraceful, i know!) Things have gone very quiet for them. I am in north dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 parris08

Things have gone very quiet lately! You could try Brooke House in Bray, students age from 11 up to 15 or so.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 macix

hi I take on students im in my early 20's, there no prob and its easy cash, just giv them breakfast pack lunch and dinner and there gone for the rest of the day, this is my first year doin it, and il b doin for a long time its great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 macix

sorry 4got to tell u my students have bein 16 and 17 there boys and french

• Registered Users Posts: 34 evrumum

hi, we took a student july/august for three weeks but we must have registered with about 3 or 4 places and have had nothing since. they've all been saying its really really quiet this year.

Advertisement