Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (EPL) 5.15pm 25/4/09 Setanta Sp 1

• 23-04-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

PLEASE NOTE GAME IS ALSO ON SETANTA IRELAND

mufc.jpg -v- TOTTENHAM_LOGO.JPG

200px-Premier_League_Logo.PNG

OK so back in the driving seat... on the home stretch now

Should be a good game sat.. I'd say 3-1 Man U

Team

Van Der Sar

Rafael
    Vidic
    Ferdinand/Evans
    Evra

Ronaldo
    Anderson
    Scholes
    Park

Rooney
    Tevez

TAKE IT AWAY.....!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Spurs team
    Gomes
    Corluka
    King
    Woody
    BAE
    Lennon
    THUDD
    Palacios
    Modric
    Bent
    Keane(c)

subs
    Defoe
    Pav
    Bently
    Hutton
    Chimbonda
    O'Harra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lennon will the danger man for spurs again
    Predicted Boos for Berbatov (From Spurs Fans) & Keane (From United Fans)

doubt berba will be playing

so im going for

vds
    raf
    Rio----vidic
    evra
    Ronaldo---fletch----carrick----park
    tevez
    Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Predicted Boos for Berbatov (From Spurs Fans) & Keane (From United Fans)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs team
    Gomes
    Corluka
    King
    Woody
    BAE
    Lennon
    THUDD
    Palacios
    Modric
    Bent
    Keane(c)

subs
    Defoe
    Pav
    Bently
    Hutton
    Chimbonda
    O'Harra

Is Jenas definitely out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I'II be there. Hope I don't jinx it. The other game I've gone to this season was the 2-1 loss at Anfield which was painful.

Should be a good open game. I'm not sure if Spurs will be disinterested or trying to win to get into a european spot. Hopefully Harry will send them out attacking and exposed at the back. :)

• Advertisement

Is Jenas definitely out?
    I don't know but huddlestone did well last week and didn't think he'd risk Jenas for a full game anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I don't know but huddlestone did well last week and didn't think he'd risk Jenas for a full game anyway

Hudd did well against a poor opposition last week, Jenas will do more running so if he's fit I reckon he'll play.

Gonna have our work cut out.

Hudd did well against a poor opposition last week, Jenas will do more running so if he's fit I reckon he'll play.

Gonna have our work cut out.
    It'll be interesting to see how we cope at the back with a really good team attacking Should be a very low scoring game Defoe is great to have back for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Could see Wes Brown starting here for United - might be safer than bringing him on only to have him get crocked and having to stick Fletch in right back or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

United should have enough at home with only 1 loss and 1 draw all season in the league. My line-up

VDS
    Rafa
    Vidic
    Rio(Evans)
    Evra
    Carrick
    Fletcher
    Ronaldo
    Park
    Rooney
    Berbatov

Park to cover the wing Lennon is on. It's tough to leave Ando out but he looked wrecked at the end of last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

for me more the same ,

...........................VDS.......................

RAFAEL......RIO(EVANS)....VIDIC.......EVRA

...FLETCHER.....CARRICK...ANDERSON....
    RONALDO.......................................GIGGS

......................ROONEY.........................

Think Anderson and Fletcher were too good last night to even think of dropping them , Give Scholes a rest if needs be, Also if Giggs need to be rested as well then Rooney on the wing and Berbs up front, But I think last nights game (1st half )when Rooney led the line showed some of our best movement and passing for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Brown will come on at half time, I'd be surprised if he started. Then again, Fergie always surprises me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd pretty much go with Rockman's team. Might be a switch to Giggs playing more central with switches to one/all of Rooney/Ronaldo/Feltch.

Tough game, but a win makes the number of games to win 3 (and a point from somewhere else)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Not confident about this, can see a draw.

VDS
    Raf
    Vidic
    Rio
    Evra
    Ronaldo---Ando
    Fletch
    Nani
    Rooney---Berba

Hopefully ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Heading over for this. Hoping Its the same lineup as pompy game, only if giggs and scholes are rested i'd like to see Carrick and Tevez (Rooney on wing) as apposed to Berbatov and Nani or anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Headshot wrote: »
    Lennon will the danger man for spurs again

doubt berba will be playing

so im going for

vds
    raf
    Rio----vidic
    evra
    Ronaldo---fletch----carrick----park
    tevez
    Rooney

I'd say you're dead on the money there headshot.

Giggs will be rested for midweek and park will be needed to cover lennon. Let's hope Patrice is on form.

evra couldn't handle him in the carling cup final so he'll probably need someone that can fall back and cover with him I hope Lennon can find the net this time nothing more then he deserves playing really well atm

Is this match not on Setanta Ireland?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    afaik yes it's on setanta Ireland

rarnes1 wrote: »

yes rarnes1 its on setanta Ireland

• Advertisement

Sorry changed my OP there to incorporate this info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

JOS could be in contention for the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8000573.stm

Lads how sure are ye about the game being on Setanta Ireland ,asking because setanta news is advertising the game on setanta sports 1,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I doubt Berbatov won't start for the third game running. If he does start lets hope he does the business like he did against Spurs in the fa cup.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Lads how sure are ye about the game being on Setanta Ireland ,asking because setanta news is advertising the game on setanta sports 1,

just checked the listings there it is on both

just checked the listings there it is on both

Cheers

Rio Ferdinand is fit for Saturday's tea-time clash with Tottenham, while Rafael will start at right-back following injuries to Gary Neville and John O'Shea.

Ferdinand was rested for Wednesday's win over Portsmouth following his exertions in 120 minutes of football in the FA Cup semi-final. The 30-year-old has struggled with a groin problem, but he's set to return.

"After extra time at Wembley, we felt it was best to rest Rio," said the boss. "Jonny Evans never lets us down, so we did the sensible thing in resting Rio. We have Tottenham, a European tie against Arsenal on Wednesday, a lunchtime kick-off against Middlesbrough, then Arsenal again on Tuesday.

"It’s a run of games in which we don’t take chances. Hopefully we manage the whole thing without killing ourselves in terms of playing too much.”

Gary Neville is out for the next two weeks after hobbling out of the Pompey victory with a foot injury, but there's better news for John O'Shea, who came on for Neville but was later forced off.

"O’Shea’s injury isn't as bad as we thought. We sent him for a scan and it came back all clear. He actually did jogging on Friday, which is good. We were surprised because when it happened (a tackle from Belhadj) I thought it was a bad one. Fortunately, it’s not serious."

Wes Brown may be included in the squad after coming through his second Reserves game on Thursday. “Wes played for the Reserves, and did OK. It’s a bit early for him to start, but it’s good that he’s back. We've had a great deal of trouble at right back this season. But we have Wes and young Rafael also available. He did well against Portsmouth and he'll start against Tottenham."

super stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Training pics from today

86195556.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19374ECC42B7A3FA40D91DF97491FC8C68AE30A760B0D811297

86195545.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19374ECC42B7A3FA40DE9AB00E6831DD924E30A760B0D811297

86195528.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19374ECC42B7A3FA40D17C2AF21C8B862B3E30A760B0D811297

86195396.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19374ECC42B7A3FA40D21F01301A6337958E30A760B0D811297

86195337.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19374ECC42B7A3FA40DD41B07AD6DB2BFC7E30A760B0D811297

86195432.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19374ECC42B7A3FA40D8E55FBBF5C544939E30A760B0D811297

• Advertisement

Evra marking berba :pac:

Michael Dawson and Roman Pavlyuchenko have been ruled out of Saturday's trip to Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League.

Defender 'Daws' is awaiting results of a scan on the ankle injury he picked up in last weekend's victory over Newcastle.

Striker ‘Pav', meanwhile, remains out with a back injury, although a scan has revealed no serious damage.

Manager Harry Redknapp will also assess the fitness of Ledley King ahead of the Old Trafford clash, after the defender sat out the Newcastle win.

"We will see how Ledley is in training and just take it from there. If there is a doubt I won't risk him but if he is ok he will play," said Harry in today's press conference at Spurs Lodge.

Striker Fraizer Campbell is also unavailable to face his parent club due to the terms of his loan deal from United.
    Dawson's out for 3 weeks now with a partially torn ankle ligament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Is berbatov injured/tired(yea right) or is SAF just dropping him?

Is berbatov injured/tired(yea right) or is SAF just dropping him?

probly dropping him

teach him right after the recent performances

Despite O'shea's recovery he's being rested for the arsenal game it looks like

RasTa wrote: »

86195396.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19374ECC42B7A3FA40D21F01301A6337958E30A760B0D811297

Jesus I know its a big loan the club has , but only one F**king ball is surely taking the piss :D

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    RasTa wrote: »
    Jesus I know its a big loan the club has , but only one F**king ball is surely taking the piss :D

Why do ya think they put up season ticket prices to pay for a couple new ones;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I reckon I'll bump this :)

Rafael and Rio gonna start

Brown could be brought on towards the end

Dave! wrote: »
    I reckon I'll bump this :)

Rafael and Rio gonna start

Brown could be brought on towards the end

Is that guesswork or informed opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Brown will start.

United 3-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

"After extra time at Wembley, we felt it was best to rest Rio," said the boss. "Jonny Evans never lets us down, so we did the sensible thing in resting Rio. We have Tottenham, a European tie against Arsenal on Wednesday, a Saturday lunchtime kick-off against Middlesbrough, then Arsenal again the following Tuesday.

"It’s a run of games in which we don’t take chances. Hopefully we manage the whole thing without killing ourselves in terms of players playing too much.”

Reds skipper Gary Neville will miss the next two weeks after hobbling out of the Pompey victory with a foot injury. However, there's better news for John O'Shea, who came on for Neville but was later forced off.

"O’Shea’s injury isn't as bad as we thought," Sir Alex added. "We sent him for a scan, which came back all clear. He trained on Friday, which is good. We were surprised because when it happened (a tackle from Belhadj) I thought it was a bad one. Fortunately, it’s not serious."

Wes Brown may be included in the squad after coming through his second Reserves game on Thursday. “Wes played and did OK. It’s a bit early for him to start a match, but it’s good that he’s back. We've had a great deal of trouble at right back this season. Now we have Wes and young Rafael available. Rafa did well against Portsmouth and he'll start against Tottenham."

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BF9E570E6%2D407E%2D44BC%2D800F%2D4A3110258114%7D&newsid=6631307

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Just heard Defoe's brother was killed yesterday. That should rule him out of today.

RIP

EDIT: oh and I think the team will be:

VDS

JOS---Rio----Vida----Evra----
    --Ron---Carrick---Fletchinho--Nani-
    Berba
    Rooney

Berbagoal needs some confidence. This may be the game to gain it in

with the CL coming up

god knows what team saf will pick for today

for me he has to pick his strongest team

Just heard Defoe's brother was killed yesterday. That should rule him out of today.

RIP

He is definately out, confirmed this morning.

Boggles wrote: »
    He is definately out, confirmed this morning.

That's sad to hear...

keane2097 wrote: »
    That's sad to hear...

2 brothers took completely different paths.

RIP

RIP.

Come on you Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Squads acc. to BBC:
    Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Rafael, O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Ronaldo, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Berbatov, Rooney.

Tottenham (from): Gomes, Corluka, King, Woodgate, Assou-Ekotto, Huddlestone, Lennon, Jenas, Bent, Modric, Keane, Palacios, Cudicini, Bale, Zokora, Bentley, Chimbonda, O'Hara, Hutton, Defoe.
    hmmmm..... no Tevez

Rip

Squads acc. to BBC: hmmmm..... no Tevez

id say thats just a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If Tevez is out I'd say it's another 4-5-1 with Berbs on the bench. Only reason we only have 2 forwards in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Utd team:

VDS

Rafael
    Rio
    Vidic
    Evra

Ronaldo
    Fletcher
    Carrick
    Nani

Berbatov