Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (EPL) 5.15pm 25/4/09 Setanta Sp 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Final Score 5-2 to United.

Howard Webb scored all 5 for United, according to the commentary on Setanta anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

conno16 wrote: »
    can someone tell me what €5 @ 250 - 1 means

:D:D:D

means 1255 big ones by my calculations.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

what is it with Ronaldo and those retarded backheel's?! Kept doing them and losing posession, when he could have just done a normal pass, looked like a normal person but actually found a man...must be fukin infuriating to play with the guy id say..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

can someone tell me what €5 @ 250 - 1 means

:D:D:D

€1255

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Unbelievable come back, unreal.

Loads of people will focus on the bad decision. Fair enough, we got a bit of luck. That brought us to 2-1. We won 5-2. Pushed on and took the win.

Top clubs get luck, it always happens. United got lucky today when they really needed, Liverpool got lucky earlier on with a decision which directly led to a goal. Granted Liverpools goal that was scored was from a free, but just like United's penalty, it never should have happened.

But these things happen, and we took the win. Huge huge huge huge huge huge result again. 2-0 and came back.

Bring on Arsenal [who we will have to play better against defensively]

---

I thought Berbatov did very well today personally. Tevez did little when he came on expect push Rooney to the left where he took control of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Great comeback Utd. Starting 3/4 midfield of Nana, Carrick and Fletcher a bit weak tbh, but got away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

i always knew united would win

bye for now, i need to get some beer etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ya baby

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

conno16 may I suggest you at least throw Mr Webb a few fivers his way ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

How did you get United at 250/1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Well done United, brilliant in the 2nd half even with Webb's help.

Rooney is truly world class, never mind the Portugese winker it's all about the bald scouser.

Keane was utter sh1te today, and has been for a number of games. But for the death of his brother I reckon Defoe could have featured for quite a bit of the 2nd half.

Corluka went awol in 2nd half as well.

Complexion of the game changed completely with that peno though, there is no denying that. Would United have scored without it? Probably, but scoring that early in those circumstances tipped the balance of play in their favour.

Oh, and Nani for Tevez meant we had nowhere near the joy down our right that we had in the 1st half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

creggy wrote: »
    How did you get United at 250/1?

By betting they'd win 5-2 at half time when they were 2-0 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

mike65 wrote: »
    conno16 may I suggest you at least throw Mr Webb a few fivers his way ;)

Mike really?

He was paid all ready!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Woo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PHB wrote: »
    Tevez did little when he came on expect push Rooney to the left where he took control of the game.

Some substitutions need to be made, even if he contributed little his introduction meant you had a better shape and nullified our threat down your left.

• Advertisement

Rooney is such world class player and future utd captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Some substitutions need to be made, even if he contributed little his introduction meant you had a better shape and nullified our threat down your left.

Have to commend you on being so gracious in defeat, unlike some of the Liverpool contingent on here who didn't even lose today.

when is the dvd out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

PHB wrote: »

I thought Berbatov did very well today personally. Tevez did little when he came on expect push Rooney to the left where he took control of the game.

+1
    It grinds my gears when people start picking holes in the way berbatov plays, he was great today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The result of this match was that Howard Webb robbed Tottenham Hotspur.

While United end up winning comfortably in the end the game was changed by a horrendous penalty decision. I'm not saying that United would not have got back into the game but it ended up that they were handed a lifeline by the referee. As a result we will never know how things would have went given normal circumstances.

As far as I'm concerned and as I said earlier its a robbery at Old Trafford.

Just a note. This is the same referee who failed to give Blackburn Rovers a clear penalty for a foul by Rafael on Pedersen at Old Trafford. The same referee who failed to give a second yellow card to Ronaldo for kicking out at David Dunn in the same game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

well done spurs total crap,wouldn,t expect anything else.

+1
    It grinds my gears when people start picking holes in the way berbatov plays, he was great today.

lolz

berba was bad in the 1st half but was very good in the second half

see I can say good stuff about berb :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

should take berbs off as well and bring on park
    rooney, tevez and ronnie up front

5 - 2 united @ 250 to 1

Havent read all the thread. These one's are always fun but I hope ya got a tenner on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

eagle eye wrote: »
    The result of this match was that Howard Webb robbed Tottenham Hotspur.

While United end up winning comfortably in the end the game was changed by a horrendous penalty decision. I'm not saying that United would not have got back into the game but it ended up that they were handed a lifeline by the referee. As a result we will never know how things would have went given normal circumstances.

As far as I'm concerned and as I said earlier its a robbery at Old Trafford.

Just a note. This is the same referee who failed to give Blackburn Rovers a clear penalty for a foul by Rafael on Pedersen at Old Trafford. The same referee who failed to give a second yellow card to Ronaldo for kicking out at David Dunn in the same game.
    I know you're hurting but cut Webb a bit of slack. He is still one of the better referees and the peno decision was definitely not as easy as the Setanta commentary made out. I needed to see a few replays to be sure Gomes got a touch on the ball. It did look like carrick knocked it by him from a few angles.

Looking at the penalty again, Gomez obviously gets a touch but he did go through Carrick to get to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It wasnt a penalty.

I think Berba was ok in the 1st half, but he put in a brilliant show in the 2nd, glad he got a goal too.

Wayne Rooney. What a performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

On behalf of MCFC I'd like to thank United for doing us a massive favour by beating Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Can't wait to see The Premiership.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    On behalf of MCFC I'd like to thank United for doing us a massive favour by beating Spurs.

wow

might put that in my sig;)

xavi thanks utd :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Liam O wrote: »
    Can a mod please shut this up, that's about 20 of those comments and it's getting really annoying

in your own words;
    It's called a joke, I'll find a dictionary if you need a definition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

eagle eye wrote: »

I don't know about you, but I don't think Webb is actually siding with Utd.

besty wrote: »
    Can't wait to see The Premiership.

Especially if they have Houghton on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Honest from SAF there. Interesting to see him give a big mention to Tevez for changing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If you can just report the posts rather than feckin quoting them it would make deletion a lot easier.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

GET the FUDGE IN !!!!!

Honest from SAF there. Interesting to see him give a big mention to Tevez for changing the game.

We did have a much better shape in the 2nd half, even if he wasn't involved in much of the play it was his influence that changed the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Great win, I cant see United slipping up in the title race now. And €30 on Utd to win at half time makes it all the sweeter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Pigman III

should take berbs off as well and bring on park
    rooney, tevez and ronnie up front

5 - 2 united @ 250 to 1
    ****ing nice!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Harry Redknapp needs a waaaaaaaaaambulance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

We did have a much better shape in the 2nd half, even if he wasn't involved in much of the play it was his influence that changed the game

Oh yeah, I agree. I just meant it was interesting of SAF to point it out so explicitly given the whole transfer speculation at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Well done United, bit cruel teasing the Scouse like that though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Notorious wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but I don't think Webb is actually siding with Utd.

Wow, what would the results be if he did? :eek:

Boggles wrote: »
    Well done United, bit cruel teasing the Scouse like that though. :pac:

got to throw them a bone once in awhile ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Brilliant 2nd half performance.

Rooney showing what he can do when played deeper and given a free-er role. Would love to see him play there more oftern instead of leading the line. Fantastic from him.

Berbatov was great aswell. Disappointed about the boos though...

I got an awful slating in the local.

Fúck you Spurs, fúck you.

• Advertisement

I got an awful slating in the local.

Fúck you Spurs, fúck you.

delighted

never count utd out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

both ronaldo and SAF gave a mention to tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

maybe instead of mentioning him, give him some starts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well, that's three home games for Utd which have been marred by incompetent refereeing in relation to crucial decisions at key points in the games.

Bolton
    Blackburn
    Spurs

The problem is that it leaves you wondering. Would Utd have pulled it back without the gimme goal? Who knows? There is room for reasonable doubt though. Which is a shame.

The solution to this rubbish is the introduction of a video match official and challenge flags for either team (maybe 2 a game?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well, that's three home games for Utd which have been marred by incompetent refereeing in relation to crucial decisions at key points in the games.

Bolton
    Blackburn
    Spurs

What about Everton too? We'd be in the final of the FA Cup and on course ofr a quadruple had Welbeck gotten the penalty he deserves.

Where was the outcry from the whole world then?

and people talk about ref having double standards

• Advertisement
Advertisement