Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild struggling to even get through Naxx 10...

Options
  • 23-04-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

As the title suggests, the guild I'm in are struggling to make major progress in Naxx 10, the furthest we've go so far is Heigan :( (have wiped too many times to remember trying to get the dance down)

We have good players in general, but I'm sure we're lacking in DPS as our tanks and healers seem to be fine.

I'm a resto druid and can usually output a fair whack of healing, unbuffed in tree form (if that counts) think I've got bout 1800 SP, 440ish mana regen and bout 840 INT, can't confirm those numbers as I'm in work with limited access to WoW sites. (character is Psylocke on Hellfire server).

Basically what I'm trying to find is your opinions on what could be holding us back, I find it hard to believe that we are still at this point even if we are a social guild that also does a bit of raiding, we all have the gear IMO to be able to get much further than this in Naxx, (although I hear frost resistance comes more into play nearer the end.) and aren't totally crap players lol.

Any suggestions, ideas, help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Not too sound rude but if you're wiping on the heigan dance it isn't a dps issue and ye aren't a good bunch of players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

If your guild cant dance then you wont get past heigan.
    You could always skip him and do some of the other wings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

Its pretty hard to wipe on heigen these days m8, i mean.... the only thing you have to do is do the dance. DPS could be an issue if your doing say... 3 or 4 rotations without more than 1 or 2 dying. Just download recount and see who is slacking. In naxx 10 man, for say a 10man/hc geared dps'er (Depending on group setup obviously) should be aiming for about 2-3kdps.

If they're doing 1-1.5k then yeah, they're either in greens are just really bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

PPL make heigans dance seem so complicated all you have to do is look to see which crack in the ground the green cloud spews from and just run a little behind that point. Simple as that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Another thing I'm in a casual guild and we found once we started to clear 2 full wings in naxx regularly for a few weeks. It wasnt long before we cleared the other wings too. Plus once you kill Heigan you will fight Loatheb drop tier 7 shoulder and is also a fun fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Xyo wrote: »
    Not too sound rude but if you're wiping on the heigan dance it isn't a dps issue and ye aren't a good bunch of players.

The problem is that too many are getting caught in the lava / acid blasts, I'm dropping AoE instant heals but if the same player gets caught by 2 blasts in a row then they're toast as Wild Growth will only heal so much, even with talent improvements :(

It's just very frustrating getting to that boss then wiping cos people aren't looking where they're going, the more wipes the more some members make mistakes, and the repair bills just bug me, cos even if I survive the dance most others are dead then boss banjoes me lol.

We're gonna try again tonight, so you may see me posting here either going mental or being really happy :)

Try setting flares to the 4 safe spots so the less able people have a spot to run too each time.

Already done that, people still running to wrong spots :(

If they make a pig's ear of it again tonight I'm going to explode, if they can't coordinate enough to get past this then I may as well just PuG my way through Naxx, have already got a couple of really nice drops from Naxx25 through PuGs although in general PuGs are either really good or a good indication as to what hell must be like :P

Dude, I played with a guy that used arrow keys to turn and he could do the dance.

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Get the raid leader to force everyone to watch this. It's really not that difficult, just running back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

They suck? and I need to see my pc quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If your guild are failing on the dance with flares up then its time to /gquit to be perfectly honest, or kick out the people holding you back. For those that honestly cant run to a sade spot then they have no business raiding at all. I remember my first time there when i dinged to 80 just under 2 weeks afer wotlk 7 of the raid died in the cracks, me a shaman and a healer took it from like 70% to dead ..... Granted it took about 10 mins.

Might be an idea for your guild to gear up a bit in heroics before attempting 10man naxx, even use the badges to get the 2 t7 pieces. Also from your stats they seem a bit low to me, but im no druid expert, but ive a lvl 76 priest with almost better stats then what you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Mark the tank with a raid icon and everyone follow him, helps to get people used to the dance. Saying that, you will of course require the tank to know the dance.
    Lag can also play a part, I've found anything over 120ms can effect you - ie., you know yourself you are in the correct location during the dance yet still you get hit, meaning the server still sees you a little behind what you see on your screen - in my own experience anyway, or at least that's the excuse I use if I die on the dance :D You can compensate for this though once you get used to it.

The raid icon on the tank, try that one at least to help and make sure the tank keeps/moves the boss near enough the outside edge of the raised area where the boss stands on at the start (and where your casters/healers are during the melee parts if that makes sense?), otherwise if he goes too far up and away from the area, the lag will play a bigger part and I think no matter how good you are, you'll probably miss a few safe area's.

Once everyone is comfortable with the dance, you won't need the raid icon anymore to help (though it's still a nice guide, just in case anyone is tired/slacking).

Make sure the debuff is being removed as well !

BTW, I don't mean get your group to make a /follow macro on the tank marked with the raid icon, I mean just to be aware of the tanks position and to make sure to stay close as possible to the tank.

Anti wrote: »
    Might be an idea for your guild to gear up a bit in heroics before attempting 10man naxx, even use the badges to get the 2 t7 pieces. Also from your stats they seem a bit low to me, but im no druid expert, but ive a lvl 76 priest with almost better stats then what you have.

I honestly don't think it's the gear in general, although I'm sure there's room for improvement, I think the problem lies with people either sucking or having sausage fingers lol. I'll give it another few shots, but it may come down to /gquit if they can't get their act together.

In regards stats, I'm sure there's upgrades that will help but in general I think my gear should be up to the task for Naxx 10 as a good chunk of it has either come from Naxx itself or else various 25man PuGs that I've been a member of.

But there is always room for improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I don't think its a major problem with gear tbh, it may not be the best gear but it certainly enough for naxx 10! I would recommend a /gquit if you can line up a guild because safety dance is not that hard at all! I still DPS on my priest during safety dance and dont get hit....its really down to peoples aptitude at the game and general common sense and if your group doesn't have that you are screwed :/ check what your DPS is like, anyone that is under about 1.6-1.7k shouldn't go (i have seen a 900 DPS warrior once and rest assured he was immediately kicked lol) and that is the absolute minimum now if i was going i would definatly prefer 2k+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Honestly it can't be gear, anyone with any decent knowledge of their class and a brain in their head should be able to complete Naxx 10 with just heroic and quest gear. Its just getting people to understand what is going on.

When my guild tried it the first few times on 25 man there was about 10 people out of the 25 who got what they were doing right away and the rest just died after the first few waves. One thing that seemed to help was keeping the fight going for as long as possible while they were dead even if it was eventually going to be a wipe so they could have a decent look at what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Should get guys to checkout elitist jerks and vids of the bosses. Videos are extremely helpful for boss fights! Im pulling out 2.8k DPS (i was slacking a bit :-P) on my mage whos half blues, Get ur players to respec known good dps specs and run heroics so they get used to rotations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Seriously.....gquit

Advertisement