Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAD Training?

Options
  • 23-04-2009 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi gents,

Looking for a good CAD training course for sombody who would have an advanced knowledge of computers but only a very basic understanding of CAD.

Basically dont want the first day of the course to be spent showing people how to turn the computer on.

Something along the lines of a three day course, what sort of certification is on offer at the end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrPreachan

What CAD are you looking at, 2D or 3D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

I need to be able to edit dwg files to produce as built drawings for electrical installations. I suppose 2d would suffice, 3d is probablly the way forward though?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I would have thought that 2D would be grand for as-built drawings.

Where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Procad Training offer a range of CAD training courses as both day and night courses in Dublin and in their offices in Raheen in Limerick.
    Autocad Training Information for more info.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AlanC27

think of startin an autocad course just wondering is it easy enough to get the hang off?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

It can depend on your background.
    Have you done any mechanical drawing / drafting before? if you can do it on paper then the transition to acad is easy and the latest versions are easier to use, Lots of options now like 2d 3d and inventor etc.

Get your head round I mean!! im off to bed cant type or spell dooohh...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,351 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hi gents,

Looking for a good CAD training course for sombody who would have an advanced knowledge of computers but only a very basic understanding of CAD.

Basically dont want the first day of the course to be spent showing people how to turn the computer on.

Something along the lines of a three day course, what sort of certification is on offer at the end?
    who won't get any credable cretification in 3 days.
    It takes weeks/months to get to a basic level of drafting.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

Hi all.
    I am thinking of giving courses on autocad. How does anyone tackle this? Do i need to do a teaching course? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

stodwyer wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I am thinking of giving courses on autocad. How does anyone tackle this? Do i need to do a teaching course? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

I don't think you'd need to do a teaching course unless you want to get your AutoCAD course certified - I assume Autodesk have mandatory training courses for their instructors.

I'd look at the structure of training courses provided online, in books etc. and use these as a basis for your own, no need to reinvent the (CAD) wheel! You'll have to consider who your target clients are - experienced drafters/engineers, grads, non-technical personnel? Design the course(s) around your target audience(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

Thanks Bill for the reply.
    I do have a mixed audience in relation to the course. But i think that i could accomodate everyone by setting a previously taught schedule.
    I might contact autodesk in relation to acquiring a few student licenses of the autocad.

Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

stodwyer wrote: »
    Thanks Bill for the reply.
    I do have a mixed audience in relation to the course. But i think that i could accomodate everyone by setting a previously taught schedule.
    I might contact autodesk in relation to acquiring a few student licenses of the autocad.

Sean

As a user of CAD training I think you're much better off doing targeting the courses to specific groups. Training for professionals (of any background) will get the highest fees, but is the most demanding on course focus, expertise required in key areas etc. Lumping a lot of pros into a single general course probably won't satisfy any of them. It's a bit different for an evening course or community training scheme - fees are lower and people are more open to general training.

Be careful about the student licenses, these are usually only for students to use on their own rather than for training providers.

Advertisement