Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford target archery club

• 23-04-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I'm currently in the process of setting up an Archery club in Waterford.
    The club will be a IAAA (Irish Amateur Archery Association) and FITA affiliated Target archery club and i hope to find a location for training near to the city.
    I'm the IAAA development officer and hope this can provide a good addition to the city as it is a sport open to all ages and abilities

This is where i'd like to ask for your help...
    I'm not a local, i only moved down here about 4/5 weeks ago, so i don't know the area or any land owners.
    I am looking for a flat strip of land about 150-160m long and about 20-30m wide. it doesn't need to be as flat as a football field but close to level is good.
    I would like to hold training there 2/3 days a week, and possibly store targets on the sight in a small shed or container.
    I would be willing to maitain the area (mowing & keeping it clean)

If anyone wants to suggest a location or wants to make contact with me about the club send me a PM and i'll get back to you.

Thanks
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

This certainly looks interesting! I saw the post you made on the WIT board also. If this gets off the ground during the summer I'd certainly be up for organising some representation for a society or intervarsity team in the college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

tres cool. I can't offer any suggestions but would be very much interested in wearing Lincoln green taking up archery once the club gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

There used to be an archery club in the Kilbarry sports centre years ago (is that the site of superquinn now??) Maybe ask in the Waterford Regional Sports Centre? They would certanly have the facilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ifumust82 wrote: »
    There used to be an archery club in the Kilbarry sports centre years ago (is that the site of superquinn now??) Maybe ask in the Waterford Regional Sports Centre? They would certanly have the facilities
    Didnt know about that but yeah superquinn is where some of kilbarry was.

Op how much land ya need.
    If its only a field about 150 yards long I might be able to help ya out but that in ballymountain . Across the bridge if ya dont know it.
    Me sister has a bit of land behind her house but its flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

You could try the Manor Court Hotel. They used to have a driving range at the back of the hotel, but it hasn't been open in years. I'm not sure what the field is used for now, but they should be able to tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Its great to see the club growing momentum.

Did you have any luck with the clay shooting club who were offering their land on the original thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055525230

I don't own any equipment but I'd love to get involved and after a couple of weeks learn what I need to buy.

Olympics 2016 for me!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Hey guys, cheers for the help.
    I'm meeting with someone from the Waterford sports partnership today about a couple of possible areas to shoot.

I'll keep you all posted on progress and hopefully the club will be going soon.
    If you have any questions just let me know.

Advertisement