Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theory test

• 23-04-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Been looking at getting a bike for a few months now but cant do anything until you pass the theory so......

Is the theory test based on the rules of the road booklet or is there a special bike book???? what sort of questions are there usually???

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

I've just passed the theory test. Buy the official Driver Theory Test book (available in most book shops), along with the Cd ROM. There will be two sections in the book you will need to study: The general section (green), and the section specific to bikes (blue). There's quite a lot of questions to look through, but you don't need to try and memorise them. I reviewed all questions twice, and passed the test. The CD ROM is good as it simulates the test, asking you 40 random questions, and is done in the same way as the actual test is, so that way you can do the test with a good idea as to whether you'll pass or not. Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I got the cd rom about two hours before the exam this morning. Crammed the fluck out of it and passed the test, 35/40.. woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

get the cd rom buddy if you got any common sense you'l pass it theres no one trying to trick you with the questions you'l be ok:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

cheers for the info. getting a head of myself but what are the start up costs for gear etc and i read around that the cbr models are a reliable bike would a cbr400 be a good started??

And more importantly im living around the malahide area. any recommendations for an instructer out my way for some lessons. do they provide a bike the first few times or whats the deal???

cheers again

• Advertisement
Advertisement