Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Merchant Account

• 23-04-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey Everyone,

I don't know if I have this in the right place so please let me know.

I'm control a couple of website and I'm currently using PayPal (which is brutal) as the payment processor. I want to switch to using a payment processor + internet merchant account (or a solutions that provides both?). I have identified an Irish company that will the processing but I need an Internet Merchant Account. Bank of Ireland have declined because they don't provide for the products I use (multi-vitamins).

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Any of the other banks should provide you with one, although I think they all use the same merchant.

AFAIK they have fairly strict rules to get a merchant account, you could also try google checkout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Google Checkout is not available to Irish Merchants only UK and US.

You should try AIB MS http://www.aibms.com/ or phone some of the other financial institutions and ask for about merchant services.

If you are unable to secure an Internet Merchant Account then there are alternatives to PayPal which you should investigate. More details here -
    Irish Payment Service Providers

Mods - I am linking to my own site here but it does provide information relevant to the OPs query.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Check out this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055544094

I posted some information on it also about possible solutions for payment processors.

Advertisement