Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stitches in mouth/outer lip

• 23-04-2009 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Heya Guys,
    I cant find a medical forum on here, swear there use to be 1 (Have changed account's so have been on here for years!). Anyways, I managed to put one of my teeth through my bottom lip Tuesday night resulting in 2 disolvable stitches inside my mouth and 3 regular outside. I was a bit out of it as it was a knee in the face that caused this to happen and I cant remember how many days I'm suppose to have the stitches in, I swear they (Dr. In the VHI clinic in Swords, Dublin) said 3-5 days when it happened so I rang them today just to confirm and I was told 5-7 days. I'm definitely thinking that's way over healing rates and I'm trying to minimise any scarring as I don't need it splitting open easily again. Anyone any idea or can point me in the right direction? If not I'll just have to ring them again!
    Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll stop!
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

I had stitchs on the inside of my upper lip after a belt of a hurley in a match and hed to have them in for nearly ten days, It depends on the cut you have and If your doctor said leave them in for 5-7 days then do, they know more about it than you do im afraid,
    Also this aint a medical forum and no medical advice as allowed to be given out im sure the mods will tell you if they are around.
    My advice; Listen to whatever your doctor told you, I did and have no scarring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

No one here can advise you on this.

Best bet is to speak with whoever put the stitches in ... better safe than sorry, especially with stitches in your mouth.

Good luck - get better soon.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement