Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift Grub - Munster

• 23-04-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

anyone that hasn't heard this today and could do with a laugh should download it - it's genius.

does anyone know who is the voice of J?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ian-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show/podcastaudio.aspx

Here's the link for you to listen to it. It's entitled "Gift Munster".

It was very good have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

cjmcork wrote: »
    anyone that hasn't heard this today and could do with a laugh should download it - it's genius.

does anyone know who is the voice of J?

Eamon Fitzpatrick, he's married to Mairead Farrell and used to work at Today fm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Excellent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Gift Grub is well past it, finally unsubscribed to the podcast a few weeks ago as I had tonnes of stuff building up unlistened. However I listened to this one as people were saying great things about it. Now I may be biased, true blue Leinsterfan as I am being from Portlaoise, but was that not a regurgitation of all the hackiest lines about Leinster from 2006? By all means there is potential for comedy with Leinster (there's plenty with Munster as well but that's a different story), but this was nothing new. Gift Grub had some great moments down through the years but it is a shadow of it's former self.

Go'wan Leinster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭observer

what orginial song is this based on. i heard it on the breakfast show a couple of weeks back and really liked it and want to get it. anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

observer wrote: »
    what orginial song is this based on. i heard it on the breakfast show a couple of weeks back and really liked it and want to get it. anyone know?

Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's free (to wear Sunscreen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

This mornings Gift Grub just seemed to be there to redress the Munster bias of the last one. Not too impressed, Mario seemed to just spend an afternoon reading Leinsterfans and spouted a few inalienable truths. :D It wasn't particularly funny.

If I seem a bit harsh on Gift Grub it's only because I believe it set such a high standard for itself over a long period, however now the drop in quality is actually sullying it's memory. Mario should have quit while he was ahead, or at least reduce the amount of work he does on the show.

Advertisement