Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants an easy €25?

Options
  • 23-04-2009 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Okay heres the job... I own two Z-5500 sound sytems and want to hook them to the one control pod with a Y-splitter

I read this:

Control Pod
    by Computer_Man93 - 10/14/08 6:20 PM In reply to: Logitech Z-5500 Speaker Control Pod by SwissBoy

Im asuming that you have 1 full system and a "headless system". If so you can run both systems off of one control pod. All you must do is make a 15 pin Dsub splitter. A standard VGA splitter (powered or not) will not work. You must have all 15 wires. You must go to radio shack, buy 2 female, and 1 male 15 pin D-sub connectors. Than solder 15 wires (the largest guage you can fit) than split those wires in to 2 wires, making a Y connector. Than using an ohms meter to trace wires, tape and number each wire. than on the 30 wire ( 15 split into 2) solder wire 1 onto pin one of both female plugs, continue to do this to all 30 wires. once you get done let a glue gun get really hot and squirt glue into wires soldered onto plugs to help them hold on. The reason this works is because there is 18+ volts being sent and recieved amoung the amp and pod. You must have both systems plugged in, this will still allow the same amount of volts to be sent and recieved. This is time consuming, but it works Great! you will have 1000 watts of sub!! The volume doest get worse, there is no power issues like many claim.

George

P.S. this isnt hard im 15 years old and figured it out!

For more info look here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=588499

It can be done. Offer €25 which is extremlly reasonable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

To be honest i think you'd be doing very well to get someone to do it for €25, Its a pain soldering to those type connectors, so soldering to them 45 times would not be anyones idea of fun! Also the connector points alone would cost about €10 I'd imagine.

Saying that, If you haven't gotten anyone to do it by the time i finish exams, May 15th, I'd be tempted to give it a go!

Advertisement