Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A New Earth........mindblowing

Options
  • 23-04-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Has anyone read "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle?

I just finished reading it for the third time, incredible, if you are not homeless or starving, it will literally solve most people's problems straight away as you come to the realisation that you can feel at peace almost any time you want.

I'm amazed that a book this life changing hasn't been mentioned in the Irish media. When I first read this book I literally laughed at how I have been possessed by my mind and ego throughout my life. It's amusing to notice the ego in other people as well.

This book is for anyone who feels unfulfilled, unhappy, bored,that life has no meaning, angry all the time, pissed off all the time etc. It's actually for everyone to read but the people above will come to a startling realisation. That you are not your thoughts, you are the awareness behind your thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Hi,

Yeah I've been listening to the Oprah podcasts on this and they are amazing.
    I've noticed how much I've been putting off my hapiness and joy in this moment by telling myself I'll be happy when I have x,y and z in the future. I've everything I need right NOW!

Awareness of your thoughts is great, tis funny some of the crazy things that get in there. I've a feeling my job will be lost soon but I know I can deal with anything in the now. I think it was Mark Twain that said I've been through some awful things in my life, some of them have actually happened!

I know there are some people out there in Ireland who are interested in this subject, a girl called Danille from Dublin I think was on the Oprah webcasts, would be good if we could get a forum going of how people are helping to achieve a global conciousness

Trig

Advertisement