Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I get travel petrol can like this

• 23-04-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/Travel_Petrol_Can

Anyone know where I can get this around Dublin.
    Around 2L flat and storeable....well exactly like the picture actually....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Most petrol stations sell the 5l cans for only a few Euro. Would it not be easier just to buy one of these if you run out? And I would hazard a guess a few would loan you a can if you're really stuck.

I've never seen them in any shop and I've only started seeing the 5l and 25l jerry cans in most places recently.

Wouldn't want a can of petrol on the back of a bike incase I fall off and carrying it empty is a bit pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Jerry cans are made for carrying fuel and are impact tested, so i'd be more worried about the 11L tank between my legs :)
    I'm looking for the small one for weight and space, 2L will get me a good bit - to safety anway....

Thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Try petrol stations and Halfords!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats a plastic can not a steel one.
    I doubt very much if that will be tested.
    Hein Gericke sell those canisters.

egan007 wrote: »
    Jerry cans are made for carrying fuel and are impact tested, so i'd be more worried about the 11L tank between my legs :)
    I'm looking for the small one for weight and space, 2L will get me a good bit - to safety anway....

Thanks anyway

They may be impact tested, but are they slide tested? Falling off a bike with one of them full of petrol is a much bigger risk then your tank. The tank is double sinked and made of metal. That's single skined and made of plastic. Even in a top box I'd still be worried about having any type of petrol container behind me if I fell off or crashed. It's an extra risk I wouldn't like to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Viking Marine in DL, or any other marine supply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

macnab wrote: »

OT rant

I hate websites that don't give prices. Defeats the purpose of looking on the net, and unless I couldn't get what I wanted anywhere else I wouldn't deal with them.

Kev, gearing up for Sunday? I'll bring some emergency fuel for ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Yeah sami, just kit'in out weather is looking grim though ....

Thanks for useful replies, and concerns for my safety :) i'll check out marine store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭jmck87

Del2005 wrote: »
    OT rant

I hate websites that don't give prices. Defeats the purpose of looking on the net, and unless I couldn't get what I wanted anywhere else I wouldn't deal with them.

That site is for industry...they rarely quote prices as price is done on case by case basis....depending on application and quantities

Advertisement