Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i use this silicone on pistol

Options
  • 23-04-2009 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

just wondering i have three full bottles of these a home and would i be able to use them on my pistol

[IMG]file:///F:/DCIM/100MSDCF/DSC00252.JPG[/IMG]DSC00252.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Check to see if it says it's 100% silicone oil, anything else and it isn't suitable for use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

zero19 wrote: »
    Check to see if it says it's 100% silicone oil, anything else and it isn't suitable for use

it says rubbercare? i cant see any thing about 100% oil.
    But if anybody has used this stuff before let me know how it did for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

I think thats the stuff I use. Works fine though it doesnt say 100% silicone on it. I think your hop up is the only thing that might suffer

Toasty113 wrote: »
    I think thats the stuff I use. Works fine though it doesnt say 100% silicone on it.

my da gets them in work,he uses them on printing machines so they would have to work on pistols?:o would they?:o
    like i said if anybody uses this stuff let us know if its alright and wont break your GBB

anybody know anything about this?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats fine to use on the gun, i used to use that stuff in the trade. its great for bringing window runners back to life.

Masada wrote: »
    Thats fine to use on the gun, i used to use that stuff in the trade. its great for bringing window runners back to life.

thanks masada,so i can use it on a 1911 baby capa 3.8?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yup, you can also buy silicone oil in lidl for €1.49 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I'm not a big fan of the stuff in lidl, it seems to evaporate a little too much for my liking, prefer to stick with 3-in-1 brand

kdouglas wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of the stuff in lidl, it seems to evaporate a little too much for my liking, prefer to stick with 3-in-1 brand

have to agree with you there i dont think i would buy it in lidl,the stuff my da gets is used on printing machiens so i would reckon that it would have to be the best if it is been used on such equipment.but last night i used it and it seems grand.i took the slide off and sprayed a bit in the barrel,under the slide but accidently sprayed the part where the hopup is :o shouldently i have done that:confused:???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

That Bardhal range of spray lubricants is very good . I use it for work and on any pistols and aeg's I've got. No problem recommending it.:D

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    That Bardhal range of spray lubricants is very good . I use it for work and on any pistols and aeg's I've got. No problem recommending it.:D
    thanks damian.

P.S:if weather is good tomorrow i should be up at the site:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Settle down lads keep it nice and friendly please and on topic

Advertisement