Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melissa Mahon Court Case

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

txomin wrote: »
    He got shot for standing up to drug dealers while living in London, and was put on witness protection, apparantly.

He got shot by his fellow drug dealers when a deal went sour and he ratted them out to save his own skin. This piece of excrement might have come from a decent family but he himself was the lowest form of filth and no amount of portraying him as a victim of society will cover up the fact that he killed a child and dumped her body like it was a piece of rubbish. I see he also has a string of charges of sexual assault being brought against him now. He's a fukin dirt bag and i hope he rots in jail.

/my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

The differences between this and the O'Donohue case were vast in fairness.

I didn't compare the cases, I said the judge will want to impose a life sentence which he did, but that the O Donohoe case could prove a problem. Grehan brought it up at the sentencing hearing and it will be introduced at Dunbar's appeal against the severity of his sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

What happens if he is convicted of the further allegations of child sexual assault? Would the sentences run concurrently, or added on to his current sentance?

You can't add on to a life sentence, obviously it would affect a parole application.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

OK. I am not really juanpablo but a regular enough poster in 'Sligo'. I am delighted he got life, its no less than he deserves BUT he did not kill Melissa. He is guilty of everything else mentioned and a lot more that was not but there is a wider cauldron of sh1t going on there! I am not posting under my usual handle as some of you could know me and I do not want to bring any grief upon myself, mods please excuse. I will not say who I think did end Melissa's life but many people know it was not the scum that was convicted of her manslaughter. The full facts of the case will never emerge but her killer(s) walk down O'Connell street today!

Side note, the Dunbar family are for the most part the soundest of people and I feel as much sympathy for them as the poor child who was dumped in the Bonet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

That's the word on the street but only 3 people know what really happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I don't think much of Melissa's family either to allow the entire sordid situation to happen in the first place.:mad:

I doubt very much they care what you or anyone else thinks of them.

juanpablo wrote: »
    OK. I am not really juanpablo but a regular enough poster in 'Sligo'. I am delighted he got life, its no less than he deserves BUT he did not kill Melissa. He is guilty of everything else mentioned and a lot more that was not but there is a wider cauldron of sh1t going on there! I am not posting under my usual handle as some of you could know me and I do not want to bring any grief upon myself, mods please excuse. I will not say who I think did end Melissa's life but many people know it was not the scum that was convicted of her manslaughter. The full facts of the case will never emerge but her killer(s) walk down O'Connell street today!

Side note, the Dunbar family are for the most part the soundest of people and I feel as much sympathy for them as the poor child who was dumped in the Bonet.

I do not think it is useful to engage in rumour, conjecture and supposition here. You of all people in whatever incarnation you choose to post ought to know that, and I thinking it is pretty galling of you to rely on local gossip to assert that Ronnie Dunbar is not responsible for her death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Let's face it. We are dealing with the "lumpenproletariat" as Marx called them here - the 'refuse of all classes,' including 'swindlers, confidence tricksters, brothel-keepers, rag-and-bone merchants, beggars, and other flotsam of society.'

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Essexboy wrote: »
    Let's face it. We are dealing with the "lumpenproletariat" as Marx called them here - the 'refuse of all classes,' including 'swindlers, confidence tricksters, brothel-keepers, rag-and-bone merchants, beggars, and other flotsam of society.'

Definately post of the thread :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement