Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review request: King Arms mid caps

Options
  • 23-04-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

Specifically the AK mids if possible, but general info is welcome, as I have heard a lot of dodgey things about the quality of KA in general with their mags.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Run away, run -far- away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

be carefull of ares 30 rds ones as well as they turn out to be 22 rds lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ok, they are cheap and metal, they are mid caps, how can they be that bad?

I mean, its impressive if they managed to feck that up, its a spring and follower.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

ive always heard bad about them but iv a box of M4 mids running perfect for the last two years, never one misfeed, jam or dump.

On the other hand iv always heard good about Mag Mids but i had a good bit of trouble breaking some AK mids in, even to get 100 in was effort.

there was also a very small layer of plastic holding the pin in the stop block at the other end of the spring, wasnt overtly impressed to be honest, the colour was alright, good for bakelite-ing anyways

are the ones youre looking at 47 yeah?

Yeah, cheapest metal bodies as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

King Arms have a highest rate of jamming that ive seen with any magazines ive ever used. MAG are the most reliable ive used on contrast. That said there are decent ones. I have KA Vietnam mags and their grand. not really old enough to recommend them highly but they feed fine.

I might chance it, if they are muck, well, I'll stick them up on ebay and try to re-coup the losses.

If they fit the receiver, I'd be happy enough to fuss about a bit with the feed mechanism to improve reliability.

Advertisement