Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm system

Options
  • 23-04-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have an astec alram system on my house. I am not able to set the system allowing time to enter the code upon entry before the alarm goes off i.e.when I enter the house with the alarm on part set or full set the alarm goes off straight away until the code is entered. How can I activate the entrance buzzer and timing?:confused:

The system doesnt allow me to set the alarm if the front door is ajar, the door must be closed to make the contact before I can set the alarm then leave and close the door behind me. Is this the normal method to set?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The door where you want to exit/entry from must have an exit/entry contact/sensor. This should have been done from at the installation stage. You can get these from astec in the IDA centre on Pearse st in Dublin and are very easy to change, just turn the screw on the contact a quarter turn and pull it off, then replace with the new one and all should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 banana19

Replaced door cantact/sensor from S02B to SE2B. Works a treat thx.

Advertisement