Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM G17 mags leaking

Options
  • 23-04-2009 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Ok, I have 3 TM G17 mags and they are all leaking gas from the end plate of the mag. At first I thought it was the inlet valves which were leaking, so I replaced them on all the mags.

Then filled the mags and then I could hear gas leaking out slowly. As soon as I held the mags upright the gas started to p1ss out all around the edges of the metal end plate and the mags were empty in seconds.

The pic below is just one I took off the net, but it shows the metal end plate I'm talking about and the area where the gas is escaping is marked. The gas is escaping between the metal and the plastic. I haven't opened any of the mags, so I'm wondering if there may be a gasket in there that needs to be replaced.

Any help or advice is much appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Sounds like the o-rings are dried out, a go of silicone oil on the o ring or a replacement will fix that leak i'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

Cheers Zero, will give that a go after work..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Give this a look mate might be of some help to you.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=62532.msg646593

I stripped a Meister ages ago to sort a very similar problem(I know its dirt compared to a TM) but initilally it worked, then leaked slightly a gain! but funny enough, I tested the same mag about a fortnight ago and its holding gas again!

Give us a shout dude if I can help with it.

iceage wrote: »
    Give this a look mate might be of some help to you.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=62532.msg646593

I stripped a Meister ages ago to sort a very similar problem(I know its dirt compared to a TM) but initilally it worked, then leaked slightly a gain! but funny enough, I tested the same mag about a fortnight ago and its holding gas again!

Give us a shout dude if I can help with it.

Cheers.. May give ya a shout tomorrow if I don't get it sorted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

zero19 wrote: »
    Sounds like the o-rings are dried out, a go of silicone oil on the o ring or a replacement will fix that leak i'd imagine

+1 to that. Whenever my mags leak I find a good blast of silicone oil on the o ring seals it and it works perfectly then.

EDIT: To prevent this happening again, leave a little gas in the mag and this will prevent them from drying out too much. Just don't leave too much in as it will put pressure on the seals.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the replies. Opened up the mags and O-rings were the problem alright.

Advertisement