Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atreyu cover of Faith No More's Epic.

• 23-04-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTj8d8C48g

Have this album and it's down as "Untitled Track" but it just randomly came on when I shuffled my Windows Media Player.

Anyone else heard this? I thought it was a decent enough effort. Vocals in places are a bit dodgy but the music is spot on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slave_screams

Musically its the exact same so you can't really fault it there - The vocals on the chorus are ok, but the verses are terrible, that screamo style doesnt suit FNM, and several other bands have tried it, unfortunately. Plus the fact that its Atreyu will instantly gain it unfavourbale reviews. Ive never really understood the idea of doing a cover thats the exact same musically as the original, why bother?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

not on my version of the album :mad:

At the very least, doing a cover thats pretty similar to the orginal might introduce a few new fans to the music of the original band!

And having heard Biffy Clyro's version of Weezer's "buddy holly, experimenting with a song too much can have disasterous consequences!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slave_screams

True, it may lead to someone checking out the original band - This works well when, for example Metallica covered some lesser known bands back in the day, or even Nirvana covering the Vaselines probably helped them with gaining some recognition. Dunno if that cover will endear them to FNM fans tho, simply because metalcore bands covering classic rock songs tends to irritate the hard core fans:) I remember Between the Buried and Me covering 'Malpractice' off of ''Angel Dust' that was flamed on all the metal forums, even tho I liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

That's terrible, I feel ill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I lasted to the second chorus. sorry those vocals ruin it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dave...

That sounds like the drummer singing the chorus,he is quite the singer.But the other fella is catmalojin altogether.Shame, because apart from the "vocalist", I think the band themselves are really good.Maybe he was a mate of there's that had dirt on them and blackmailed them into joining the band.
    So my advice to Atreyu, get a different drummer,get the current drummer on the mike and kick the other chump to the kerb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dave... wrote: »
    That sounds like the drummer singing the chorus

It is the drummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

:eek::eek::eek:

Didn't like that at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Horrendous vocals, couldn't listen to whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Fail...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The drummer can sing, the singer cannot...he MURDERED the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

thats pretty bad all right bar the verses, I had the original on cd and it wasn't even stereo, or maybe it was an mp3 I downloaded from somewhere years ago but it wasn't stereo it was mono - is the original stereo or was it really mono ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Atreyocious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

That is just dung.......It sounds like what Fred Dursts wet dreams must be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Fail...
    You could even say it was an Epic Fail...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nailz wrote: »
    You could even say it was an Epic Fail...

*applauds your pun*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Sweet blind baby Jesus.... and cornedbeef balls wtf was that? Did they put a cat in a blender and tell it to see the following lyrics?

I need to repent to something after listening to that bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That_Guy wrote: »
    *applauds your pun*
    Ah yeah thanks, but that was Easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Pure ****e.

Advertisement