Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test

Options
  • 23-04-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Can anyone tell me what routes are used in the driving test in portlaoise?
    I’m doing it next month, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

From agri centre I had to turn left at roundabout, left again down mountrath road, right onto new vocational school road through roundabouts and then lead to ballyfin road where i had to reverse around corner.Back then to mountmellick road and take right at junction then up to roundabout take right and lead up to O'Moore park where uphill start was, the all way down main street and back by shopping centre back to agri offices.

There are few routes but that was mine, just keep the head and you'll be grand, just show them your in control and portrait confidence no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I got a chap called Mick O'Connor (I think his name was) and he was bang on. I failed 1st time with SGS bit I found the RSA more friendlier and to be honest the route was easier, i.e. I didn't get taken into mini-roundabout hell at peak time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kala239190

Thank You very much for your help guys :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

I actually failed with RSA and found SGS friendlier!

My route with SGS was, turn right out of test centre, right again onto timahoe rd towards portlaoise, left at timahoe rd roundy, then u-turn at top of link road and back all the way to church, left at roundy there out ridge rd, left again up tower hill, left opposite cinema, right at heritage hotel, right at newpark alongside dunnes, (3 pointer turn here), back onto mountmellick rd, then left up by train station, back onto tower hill and right at the top of the road towards church again and out the dublin rd. Right at the hospital down the block rd, then left heading back towards town, left into glenlahan housing estate and did my reverse in there, then back onto stradbally road into town and back to the nct centre.

Can anyone tell me what routes are used in the driving test in portlaoise NOW, I failed last time :( now I will be try again ;) ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

kala239190 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what routes are used in the driving test in portlaoise NOW, I failed last time :( now I will be try again ;) ?

Honestly,

Just go get lessons and they will show you the routes and specific spots used in the town.

Elvis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

The lesson instructors show you the routes.

A lot of them are in the Clonminam Industrial Estate, a friend had to do a good bit of his up there around the new CIE Depot and in other road near Festa Foods in the same estate.

I refresh the topic. my friend has exam in 2 months. How now looks an exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement