Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breakfast ideas

• 23-04-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

i love peanut butter, so i seen a couple of breakfast recipes, that look tasty.

Peanut Butter/Banana Smoothee

One cup soy, rice or regular milk
    One banana, frozen, cut into one inch pieces
    One half cup strawberries, frozen
    One tablespoon Peanut Butter
    One Tablespoon Honey
    one quarter cup uncooked oatmeal

Combine in a blender, blend until smooth. Pour into a cup and enjoy

Peanut Butter Pancakes

1¼ cups flour (thinking of using wholemeal instead of plain flour)
    2 tablespoons sugar( maybe take this out)
    2½ teaspoons baking powder
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1¼ cups milk (low fat)
    1 egg
    ¼ cup peanut butter
    3 tablespoons butter, melted

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat milk with egg and peanut butter until smooth. Add to dry ingredients and beat just until well moistened. Lightly butter hot griddle. Spoon by ¼ cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until golden brown on both sides.

any ideas on these recipes are they very fatty,full of carbs etc. should they be avoided like the plague for someone looking to lose a few pounds or are they acceptable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I did peanut butter pancakes myself, no need for added salt or sugar or butter. I just did 2 eggs, about 30g of porridge oats and a tablespoon of peanut butter, all liquidised, you can blend up the oats while dry so you can just wipe the blender clean with a dry cloth. They ended up more like cakes as they were so thick, you could add in some milk to have more normal pancakes. There is enough fat in the peanut butter so I did not have to even grease the nonstick pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

rubadub wrote: »
    I did peanut butter pancakes myself, no need for added salt or sugar or butter. I just did 2 eggs, about 30g of porridge oats and a tablespoon of peanut butter, all liquidised, you can blend up the oats while dry so you can just wipe the blender clean with a dry cloth. They ended up more like cakes as they were so thick, you could add in some milk to have more normal pancakes. There is enough fat in the peanut butter so I did not have to even grease the nonstick pan.

are they a healthy option. and how did they taste? yeah i think i will
    put 2 eggs in instead of 1

maybe 2 egg whites, 1 full, egg,
    wholegrain flour.
    lowfat milk
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    oats
    3 teaspoons of peanuts butter

They were nice, I love peanuts too, only a slight peanut taste all the same. I was really making more of a peanut butter cake/cookie type thing so I added no water/milk. I put in a few eggs to up the protein.

I would add the milk slowly otherwise the peanut butter will not mix well if you just dumped it into a watery mixture.

Its a lot healthier than 90% of peoples breakfast! It would be high in WW points due to the fat content of the peanuts. That doesn't worry me though, I eat a relatively high fat diet with the goal of losing fat. Very filling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

rubadub wrote: »

Sounds excellent :D

On thing to note is that the batter stuck to the liquidiser like glue, mine was not thin as mentioned, but you might want to "dry liquidise" the oats like I said and then mix in a small bowl or a cup.

I have one of these "amazing bullets"
    17pc_Amazing_Bullet_Set.jpg
    You can see the tiny container on the left, that is what I use, you can just rinse it under a tap after, only holds about 250ml so very little is wasted due to "stickage"

• Advertisement
Advertisement