Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedor vs Aoki confirmed!

Options
  • 23-04-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Fedor vs Aoki confirmed for a sparring exhibition, whatever that means

http://www.cagepotato.com/its-official-fedor-vs-aoki-sparring-exhibition

It's a crazy rumor no more. Now Fedor Emelianenko vs. Shinya Aoki is a crazy fact, according to press release sent out today by M-1 Global. The two will square off in a "five-minute special sparring exhibition" at the "M-1 Challenge Presented by Affliction" on April 29 in Tokyo. So what will the lightweight and the heavyweight try to do to each other over the course of the most bizarre and pointless five minutes in MMA history? According to the press release:

Complete rules of the Fedor vs. Aoki sparring exhibition are still being negotiated, but it will be presented as a special attraction during a 19-bout event scheduled to feature head-to-head M-1 Challenge matchups between host country Japan vs. England, Team USA West vs. South Korea, and Spain vs. France.
    Well, that's appropriately vague. I guess this is what happens when you start to run out of credible opponents (who won't ask for a lot money to fight you) but you still want to get out of the house and break a sweat: you spar with a skinny guy in tights. Sounds reasonable. Oh, wait. No, it's completely insane. But what do we expect at this point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Aoki by powerbomb :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Have to say, this seems very peculiar to me...

But it is Japan so live and let live I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

when i saw the title i nearly wet myself laughing :D

That aside I cant wait for the M1 challenge to start again really enjoyed it last year, some cracking fights , even had some of the bigger names on the cards including baby fedor and overeem.

Also aside wasn't there supposed to be a TUF style shindig were the winner fought fedor from M1 or was that dropped lol :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Is this likely to be a grappling match?

Fu*kin stupid match-up IMO.

All this match-up will do is provide the UFC with more ammo to gun down Fedor's rep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I am guessing a grappling match or an mma match where Fedor is handcuffed, and Aoki has a 30 second head start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

All the head start aoki needs.
    Gotta love bas ruttens commantary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M1u2RFQyy4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I hope Fedor gets choked out just coz

All the head start aoki needs.
    Gotta love bas ruttens commantary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M1u2RFQyy4

What a complete ars*hole!
    He'll never live dat down.
    Got what he deserved. got away with waving to the crowd earleir in the fight but was made pay da 2nd time.

As for Bas, he's 1 of da best characters in MMA IMO.
    I loved his thoughts on Steven Segal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Fedor won with an achilles lock. The report that I read said that he just threw Aoki around at the start. Then Aoki jokingly took off his gi and tried a flying armbar. Fedor finished it after that

Don't know if there's any footage now, M-1 will be showing it on their site next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

not the fight but a funny japanese ad for it, carefull there are spoilers in the comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soYVzTX7vfE

• Advertisement

2afhdsl.jpg

Advertisement