Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenancy/ ESB Help

Options
  • 23-04-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Moved to an apartment in December
    Got an estimated ESB bill in February that was obviously far from correct; €70 or something - obviously a bit off

But i got one this month for €300 - maybe its correct, maybe not, i'm not really here to dispute that, I want to get an understanding of the reading procedure

The bill in February had "C" next to previous reading and the letter "E" next to current reading

This time it was obviously read because nothing was next to the reading.

What I want to know is would it be possible for the last tenant here to have under-read the meter on purpose on leaving, in turn being refunded or underpaying their last bill.
    This then causing me to pick up anything extra since then which was only read for this bill...

Is that confusing? :confused: I know its seems long winded but I just want to know if its possible that that could have happened...reality is I hadn't expected it to be so high

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

The bill in February had "C" next to previous reading and the letter "E" next to current reading
    C = Customer reading
    E = Estimate

You should have called them when you moved in after taking a reading WITH your new landlord/agent. The previous tenants final reading should have nothing to do with you (it is possible they under-read it but thats between them & the landlord).

Your first bill was based on an estimated final reading & they probably used the previous tenants average usage to base it on & you probably have a higher usage.

Don't forget, those months were VERY cold, we all had the heat jacked up, but to save some pennies.....throw on a jumper before you jump up the thermostat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Good stuff, just wanted another opinion on it. Guess I'll never know if it was not read correctly by the last person or not...

Advertisement