Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beach party

• 23-04-2009 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

anyone in silence last nite shocking empty never been in place on such a quiet nite and full price drinks ta boot:eek: but definitely funny myself and my 2 friends got kicked out for throwing sand on each other when the blooming place was full of the stuff bad buzz or showy bouncers hmmmm :rolleyes:and we had to spend 12 euro each for a measly hr :mad:. say it will be better 2nite though smellier sand though :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Everyone knows that Amber is better :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Silence is a joke, the fact that the SU is linked to it makes it even worse.

The bouncers are power tripping assholes, the place is a kip, the drinks are a rip off.

On a Wednesday or Thursday night they will only let people in if they have student id because its a student night, that's some load of crap and i'm pretty sure its illegal

I have to say Amber is usually far better

draffodx wrote: »
    Silence is a joke, the fact that the SU is linked to it makes it even worse.

The bouncers are power tripping assholes, the place is a kip, the drinks are a rip off.

On a Wednesday or Thursday night they will only let people in if they have student id because its a student night, that's some load of crap and i'm pretty sure its illegal

I have to say Amber is usually far better

Aye have to agree with you there.

Smoking area is decent though but that's about it.

Just one thing that really annoys me is the way the queue goes. You've to go around a long way while the bouncers watch your every move. Even if you haven't been drinking and you appear to have been walking funny you're straight up not getting in.

I've always had better nights out in Amber. Smoking area in there though is just horrible though. A lot more places to sit in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 Aikon2009

Have to disagree Silence is always way better:P

Ambers crap:eek:

any word on a Summer Ball? Silence i'd say if there is one:rolleyes::D

Aikon2009 wrote: »
    Have to disagree Silence is always way better:P

Ambers crap:eek:

any word on a Summer Ball? Silence i'd say if there is one:rolleyes::D

I think the beach party is their summer ball. College is over soon so they had to something before college is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

That_Guy wrote: »
    I think the beach party is their summer ball. College is over soon so they had to something before college is out.

Correct there, what a way to end the college year :rolleyes:

Do the SU not realise that most of the people that go to college balls are people who are living in dundalk. Therefore they can go to Silence any week they want and when its not a college ball the drink and entrance fee is usually cheaper so how are the SU doing anyone a favour by putting college balls in Silence?

5 - 6 years ago the college balls never ever used to take place in the town and the notion of a nightclub being associated with the SU would have seen the SU kicked out

Advertisement