Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student entry to UCC Pharmacy

Options
  • 23-04-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭

This is actually a request for my friend. Basically, my friend is doing Chemistry of Pharmaceutical Compounds in UCC at the moment, in her final year and is going to get an overall grade of a 1,1 or at least a high 2,1 from her 4 years honours degree.

However, she really has her heart set on Pharmacy, and would love to go on to do a full honours degree in it, and if possible would do everything in her power to stay in Cork. She is an excellent student, and is really very dedicated.

I was just wondering how competitive it is when applying for Pharmacy via this route, considering how competitive it is going on Leaving Certificate results. Would her particular situation put her in the very top bracket of acceptable candidates, considering her course for all intents and purposes is the closest thing to pharmacy that one could possibly do.

Apparently there are 5 places and 100 people go for interviews or whatever.

Thank you so much in advance for taking your time to read this and reply, it's greatly appreciated... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

eZe,

I could move this to the UCC forum if it's okay with you. It might get a better response there.

Advertisement