Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any observations on web browsing with three, folks please

• 23-04-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Signed up to three Ireland, 150 units a month ;

google is free to use , say you do a search in google, for Munster for example, google displays a list of sites with Munster

if you click on say IRFU.com and u navigate away from google search results , is this still free

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

using DNS is free but i dunno if DNS tunneling would work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

k123456 wrote: »
    Signed up to three Ireland, 150 units a month ;

google is free to use , say you do a search in google, for Munster for example, google displays a list of sites with Munster

if you click on say IRFU.com and u navigate away from google search results , is this still free

To search on google is free. Once you go into one of the sites your search pulls up you will get charged. If your going to do a lot of web browsing you would be better off to get the 1gb add non for 9.99 per month (make sure you got the internet add on not the 9.99 mobile broadband add on as this is a weekly add on for a modem)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

If you don't get the data add on mentioned above (which an awful amount of people here do get because it's such good value) then stay off video sites cos they'll eat up them units on ya.

I'd look at installing Opera Mini too - whatever network you're on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Walkman wrote: »
    To search on google is free. Once you go into one of the sites your search pulls up you will get charged. If your going to do a lot of web browsing you would be better off to get the 1gb add non for 9.99 per month (make sure you got the internet add on not the 9.99 mobile broadband add on as this is a weekly add on for a modem)

So imagine google displays a list of results, I click on one, does this come out of my monthly allowance, or is it a seperate charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

k123456 wrote: »
    So imagine google displays a list of results, I click on one, does this come out of my monthly allowance, or is it a seperate charge

If you dont get an add on this comes out of your flexi units. 1mb = 1flexi unit

• Advertisement
Advertisement