Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

When or what time last year did the second semester exam results come out? Roughly :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Are the computer rooms open tomorrow?

Doubt it very much;)

Exam results are usually last week in June

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Are the computer rooms open tomorrow?

Not even the library is open tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Thanks guys. Thought exams were on so figured stuff might be open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Thought exams were on so figured stuff might be open.

That would make sense, so no. Its not open. :D

• Advertisement

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Exam results are usually last week in June

Eurovision clashing with last minute cramming, disaster :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I wish I was procrastinating doing my TP prep by watching Eurovision...I don't even have a valid reason for not working haha

Procrastinating to the max here....Can people who live in the Res block go out at night? :rolleyes: I thought the campus closes at night! How do they get back in at 3.30am on a Tuesday night? :pac:

Speaking of, what's life like in the Res block? Like, can you wander about the whole Res building and Foundation building? Is there one communal kitchen/lounge/bathrooms? I remember seeing into one of the bedrooms a few years ago and it was TINY.

• Advertisement

Speaking of, what's life like in the Res block? Like, can you wander about the whole Res building and Foundation building? Is there one communal kitchen/lounge/bathrooms? I remember seeing into one of the bedrooms a few years ago and it was TINY.

I've heard reports of a first year sneaking up a fella through some toilet and keeping a load of people awake riding. And by heard reports, I mean know this person.

I didn't say you couldn't get two into those tiny rooms... :D

At least you could get out of bed five minutes before a lecture starts and still be on time :D

Meeting your lecturer coming out of their office and walking down the stairs with them! :)

It must be horrible though. I love staying in bed for half the day when I've no lectures/am hungover. I'd imagine you'd never get any peace in the res block?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I've heard reports of a first year sneaking up a fella through some toilet and keeping a load of people awake riding. And by heard reports, I mean know this person.

Hehe;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

Quick question: Does anyone know how this double weighting for FYP's works?

Got an e-mail from someone in the education office back in week 6/7 saying that if we got a B1 or higher it's the equivalent to a 1:1 but I'm apprehensive?
    My QCA at the moment is a 2:1.. possible to bump up to a 1:1 if I get great results this semester, but I'm just wondering about this B1 in the FYP? It would take a load off if that was the case!

I haven't a clue how this double weighting works either. Best bet is to maybe ask in student services or talk to the SU.

Got the info from Student Services (first time in 4 years!) Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭McSween

was what you typed in your previous post correct? B1 in fyp is the jackpot?

Unfortunately not, unless you manage to get in the 3.3 for discretionary bands!! :-( We'll keep the fingers crossed though!

Check your student mail, different courses have different bands, it was sent sometime in March! For us we'll get the 1.1 if we can manage to get your QCA to hit 3.30 and then manage a B1 or above in the dreaded FYP!

• Advertisement

I don't really know if this is the place to be asking this, but here goes. I will be on school placement next January from the 5th to the 16th. I have already tickets booked to go to London on the 15th which is a Thursday for that weekend. I would be able to go to the school on the Thursday but would miss the Friday. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the consequences of missing a day of S.P not due to health reasons? I would be quite happy to repeat a day at a later stage, as long as there would not be any other negative consequences.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

buyer95 wrote: »
    I don't really know if this is the place to be asking this, but here goes. I will be on school placement next January from the 5th to the 16th. I have already tickets booked to go to London on the 15th which is a Thursday for that weekend. I would be able to go to the school on the Thursday but would miss the Friday. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the consequences of missing a day of S.P not due to health reasons? I would be quite happy to repeat a day at a later stage, as long as there would not be any other negative consequences.

Unless things have changed, that would be a big no-no, unfortunately.

dambarude wrote: »
    Unless things have changed, that would be a big no-no, unfortunately.

Ah feck. When you say a "big no no" what exactly do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

You can make up days for absences; sick etc..but doubt it would be allowed for leisure purposes..unless you happen to get sick on thursday evening and inform school, college and supervisor..prob easier though just get it finished with. .any chance of changing your days for sake of day? Least you'd have it over with.

Are UL clubs and socs open to MIC? Ours are a tad underwhelming.

Un Croissant, as far as I know they are! I know a few people who joined UL Athletics and other sporting socs... Good luck!

Un Croissant, as far as I know they are! I know a few people who joined UL Athletics and other sporting socs... Good luck!

Hmmmm, I know two guys going for Socs next year claimed they would organise buses out to UL for the faciliteeees but whether or not that happens now is a different story.

Wish I could say that's the first time that that has been promised!

Wish I could say that's the first time that that has been promised!

I'll bet.student unions ftw. :/

• Advertisement

I don't think it's the SU who's to blame on this! Mind, I came to Mary I thinking that there was some sort of service to get to and from UL directly.. I learned the hard way!

Advertisement