Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah, me and EED are in the same place. First day down. Good fun. What are you doing in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I'm in a school for mentally handicaped children and teenagers. Couldn't get a place in december.Do I know EED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Has anyone here read The God Delusion? I bought that and The Greatest Show on Earth last week, haven't had a chance to get into them yet.

Those educate together schools look interesting. ;)

I wonder could we get Richard Dawkins to give an oul chat in Mary I. :D

lighthouse wrote: »
    I'm in a school for mentally handicaped children and teenagers. Couldn't get a place in december.Do I know EED.

08b65.jpg

That one... :rolleyes:
    RonMexico wrote: »
    Has anyone here read The God Delusion? I bought that and The Greatest Show on Earth last week, haven't had a chance to get into them yet.

Those educate together schools look interesting.

I wonder could we get Richard Dawkins to give an oul chat in Mary I.

They really are great schools, we need a lot more. Also a Richard Dawkins talk would be epic!

It would be great if Mary I could invite people to give talks. Imagine Dawkins and Stephen Fry having a chat down in the lounge over a cuppa. Or better still down in Fenners :D

My guest list would be as follows:

Richard Dawkins
    Christopher Hitchens
    Stephen Fry
    Natalie Portman :D
    Clint Eastwood
    Dave Chappelle
    Mike Tyson
    Pat Mustard (He'd love Mary I)

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    08b65.jpg

That one... :rolleyes:

They really are great schools, we need a lot more. Also a Richard Dawkins talk would be epic!

I knew that but I'm still in the dark.

My guest list would be as follows:

Richard Dawkins
    Christopher Hitchens
    Stephen Fry
    Natalie Portman :D
    Clint Eastwood
    Dave Chappelle
    Mike Tyson
    Pat Mustard (He'd love Mary I)
    That's a pretty good list. Steven Fry is a legend alright. Add Dara O'Briain, Steven Segal and Woody Harelson to that list and I'll be happy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pfft, who needs Dara O'Briain, we got David O'Doherty for Freshers' Week 2 years ago :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Were you at the talk Fast Mover?! You craftry person, who are you?!
    ...and what talk would this be then?!! More shite produced from Mary I eh?:)

You confuse me thoroughly Fast Mover. I love Photoshop, it's so much fun... Making a band logo at the moment.

EDIT: Finished it, what do ye think?

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/24506.jpg

• Advertisement

Pfft, who needs Dara O'Briain, we got David O'Doherty for Freshers' Week 2 years ago :D

We got Tommy Tiernan. He compared the nuns in Mary I to Darth Vader. :D Always trying to turn you to the dark side.

Wait, what's the dark side? :D

You confuse me thoroughly Fast Mover. I love Photoshop, it's so much fun... Making a band logo at the moment.

EDIT: Finished it, what do ye think?

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/24506.jpg

Very impressive Onion. Would you be interested in doing a bit of work for WTL. I could give you your own page on the site if you wanted to play around with stuff. I could even give you access codes so you could upload your own stuff as you pleased.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Very impressive Onion. Would you be interested in doing a bit of work for WTL. I could give you your own page on the site if you wanted to play around with stuff. I could even give you access codes so you could upload your own stuff as you pleased.

Giving that man any more power is dangerous! :D
    But it would be interesting to see if he could add his unique touch to WTL for the better :)

Hmmm, let me get back to you on that one lighthouse, appreciate the offer either way. :)

AEE is turning out to be a lot more worthwhile than I ever could have imagined, I'm really enjoying it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

I'm in a school for mentally handicaped children and teenagers. .

could i strongly reccomend you not to use this term ..say ever again?

and yeah AEE is pretty fun i've gotta say!! however strange it is not to have any work to do or to not be actually teaching!!

It is a dangerous American term lighthouse, let's not dwell on it! Did you try the tulla road bypass home EED? Did you make it :P

i did, and i'm home in one piece!!
    i'm not sure how much shorter it is though.... think i'll stick with the old way in! makes it feel faster, i enter ennis sooner.... i know i know....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Those educate together schools look interesting. ;)

I wonder could we get Richard Dawkins to give an oul chat in Mary I. :D
    Yeah I've read them both RonMexico, both brilliant reads, ye should also check out God is not Great, by Christopher Hitchens, fantastic read.

However, I wouldn't be so sure that the powers that be in Mary I would be too keen on 'Dicky' giving a chat in Mary I, given the Catholic ethos etc. that they promote. There was even a talk given at the graduation this year hinting that Mary I should become the official Catholic College of Ireland:eek:

i did, and i'm home in one piece!!
    i'm not sure how much shorter it is though.... think i'll stick with the old way in! makes it feel faster, i enter ennis sooner.... i know i know....
    How bad is it that the first thing of I though when I read that, was about 3 dirty replies? I'm going to say very bad :(

• Advertisement

could i strongly reccomend you not to use this term ..say ever again?

and yeah AEE is pretty fun i've gotta say!! however strange it is not to have any work to do or to not be actually teaching!!

Hmmmm. Me thinks this is another example of political correctness gone too far. Throwing out the baby with the bathwater comes to mind.:(

Hmmmm. Me thinks this is another example of political correctness gone too far. Throwing out the baby with the bathwater comes to mind.:(

Oooooor it could be to do with your complete disregard of every single Special Needs Education lecture we had last year...

have you been to/listened to even ONE SEN lecture?!?
    you are going to be teaching children, i suggest you get your 'political correctness' in order pronto, apart from my personal anger at reading what you just wrote, having that attitude will get you nowhere in this job

How bad is it that the first thing of I though when I read that, was about 3 dirty replies? I'm going to say very bad :(

how mature :p hahaha

have you been to/listened to even ONE SEN lecture?!?
    you are going to be teaching children, i suggest you get your 'political correctness' in order pronto, apart from my personal anger at reading what you just wrote, having that attitude will get you nowhere in this job

Plus the fact that I don't like being told what to do especially from someone that I don't know. Might I suggest that you take some long deep breaths to help you deal with your anger.

Plus the fact that I don't like being told what to do especially from someone that I don't know. Might I suggest that you take some long deep breaths to help you deal with your anger.

Cop onto yourself, she's right and you know it, and your refusal to address her point is doing nothing to put yourself in a better light. Your use of antiquated, obsolete terminology not only reflects badly on you as a potential educator, but also suggests an arrogance that is not attractive on a personal level.

Cop onto yourself, she's right and you know it, and your refusal to address her point is doing nothing to put yourself in a better light. Your use of antiquated, obsolete terminology not only reflects badly on you as a potential educator, but also suggests an arrogance that is not attractive on a personal level.

Thanks for sharing. :D

good luck in your future career! and i sincerely mean that as i think you'l be needing it!

WOH woh woh, take it to PM lads and ladies, we're giving Mary I a bad name! :o

I wouldn't say I'm immature EED, just young at heart! And, well, yeah immature!

• Advertisement

good luck in your future career! and i sincerely mean that as i think you'l be needing it!

Thanks for the good wishes, it's nice to know that people care. :D

Advertisement