Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    WOH woh woh, take it to PM lads and ladies, we're giving Mary I a bad name! :o

you're right sorry! was just replying... aanyways tis done and dusted
    I wouldn't say I'm immature EED, just young at heart! And, well, yeah immature!

the only way to be :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Play nicely kids or I'll ban some of you. Those who have picked up red cards should pay attention to the very short sentence included with it. You're closest to the cliff edge. As a hint, don't get personal with other posters, don't breach the peace and don't act the tool. Not nice and not allowed.

Please continue on your way with the above clearly in mind. And if you want to get narky and fight, please do it behind the bike sheds rather than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Anyway on a different topic isn't Doctor Who the best programme on TV. Can't wait for 7pm each day. 7pm BBC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

lighthouse wrote: »
    Anyway on a different topic isn't Doctor Who the best programme on TV. Can't wait for 7pm each day. 7pm BBC3.
    Ughh could never get into that programme (not knocking you for liking it, they are a plenty, in fact loads, of sci-fi fans that do). Much prefer stargate, the new series Stargate Universe is excellent, much darker than the original two series. Used to love Star Trek until they decided to rape it with Voyager and especially Enterprise. It's back on the right track with the new film though.

What channel is stargate universe on? Also talking about Star Trek, being a fan of the original series from the 60s, I could never get into any of the follow on programmes. Plus the fact that in the original series they really did explore the Universe while all subsequent series were filmed in the studio. :D

• Advertisement

What channel is stargate universe on? Also talking about Star Trek, being a fan of the original series from the 60s, I could never get into any of the follow on programmes. Plus the fact that in the original series they really did explore the Universe while all subsequent series were filmed in the studio. :D
    It's on Sky One, but I being the poor postgrad can't afford the channels so I stream it online instead (megavideo the poor man's satellite TV!). In season one there wasn't aliens per se that we are used to on Star Trek and Stargate, rather only on the rare occasion, alien wildlife, so to speak, which was kind of refreshing. But, they are plans for aliens, so they are cleverly building up a bit of tension. Kind of like the the new reimagined series of 'V' as well, I remember the old one when it was on it frightened the bejesus out of me. But when I saw reruns of it years later, it looked absolutely ridiculous!

I just have a Freesat system myself. It does have Sky 3 though. I wonder would that streaming work with mobile broadband 3 which is what I have.

I just have a Freesat system myself. It does have Sky 3 though. I wonder would that streaming work with mobile broadband 3 which is what I have.
    From what I hear mobile broadband is ****e, you could probably stream it but you might be waiting a while for it to load, if you can watch youtube you should be able to watch it. Just got to the website sidereel.com and enter any programme you want in the search bar.

Granted mobile broadband isn't as good as fixed broadband but I can use it anywhere. Also 3 gave me a new modem free yesterday and it seems to be faster than the old one. I can watch youtube videos most of the time but sometimes they're not as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I don't log onto boards in about 3 days and ye managed to fill three pages with mindless chatter and bickering!

Well done!! 'Biggest thread on the UL forum' here we come

Am I the only one stuck doing exams this week?

Meant to wish everyone the best of luck with AEE..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't log onto boards in about 3 days and ye managed to fill three pages with mindless chatter and bickering!

Well done!! 'Biggest thread on the UL forum' here we come

Am I the only one stuck doing exams this week?

Meant to wish everyone the best of luck with AEE..

Ah, marvellous, a post on the Mary I thread that's actually relevant to the college! For a moment there I thought UL were hosting a second Television board :rolleyes:

AEE is going well so far, I think everyone's really enjoying the experience after the contrasting stress of TP.
    Ribenahead is doing exams too, but you already knew that ;) (and she's stopped posting here too...)

That's some name Ribenahead, did she drink too much Ribena as a child :D

did she drink too much Ribena as a child

not quite as exciting....
    purple colour in her hair
    ribena is purple
    ...you can see where this is going :P

So mr. praying mantis, where are you doing aee?

I am doing it in January with **********, sorry can't answer that as you may be able to see from the above posts. I was unwittingly drawn into an arguement and don't wish to be again and it seems that if I answer that question as I answered it above I will offend some people. I am doing it in the Holy Family School in Galway, says he nervously as he wonders if he can say this.

Oh right cool!

I was addressing the question to insect overlord because I had gathered where you were doing yours lighthouse

So college related: what are the plans for next semester (shag week, welfare, etc)?

Sorry about that. Yea that's another name and a half (Insect Overlord). I'll be better able to answer that question tomorrow as I am going down to Mary I for a meeting of the Health Promoting Committee. How are exams going?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So mr. praying mantis, where are you doing aee?

I'm working with an SEN teacher in a DEIS school here in Limerick. The teacher is great, the principal is sound out and the kids are pretty good too!
    How're you getting on this week?

My first exam is saturday, so I should probably start proper study tomorrow!!

I shall see how it goes; I'm very wary of these exams simply because they are final year exams and we are attempting them as 3rd years, and due to the fact that there were 3 weeks of tp related madness between the end of lectures and these exams.

I'm working with an SEN teacher in a DEIS school here in Limerick. The teacher is great, the principal is sound out and the kids are pretty good too!
    How're you getting on this week?

what school what school?? are you acting as like an SNA too??

what school what school?? are you acting as like an SNA too??

St.Munchin's CBS
    I've been doing a mixture of photocopying, observation and helping out with some of the kids' work. I don't want to post too much about it on-line, but I'm sure we'll all get the chance to chat about the experience properly soon.

• Advertisement

St.Munchin's CBS
    I've been doing a mixture of photocopying, observation and helping out with some of the kids' work. I don't want to post too much about it on-line, but I'm sure we'll all get the chance to chat about the experience properly soon.

makes sense, glad you're enjoying it

Is that in corbally?
    If it is, its next to my senior tp school!!

Enjoy it...far better than final year exams, while in 3rd year

Is that in corbally?
    If it is, its next to my senior tp school!!

Enjoy it...far better than final year exams, while in 3rd year

Nope, not in Corbally. It's quite near Thomond Park, if that's any use to you :)
    Have a quiet hour here at the moment so I'm writing notes, reading poems and posting on Boards. Much better than TP! :D

Is it right next to the river? I am almost certain the school next to us was munchins...or something like that...

Well I'm taking a break from study...I almost think tp was less stressful than this

Is it right next to the river? I am almost certain the school next to us was munchins...or something like that...

Well I'm taking a break from study...I almost think tp was less stressful than this

You must be thinking of St. Munchin's secondary school, that's definitely out in the Corbally area. Easy mistake to make I suppose.

Hope the exams go well for you man.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yes, well wishes from your favourite onion here :)

Talking about onions where pray tell did you get the name, I presume you weren't christened it.

Historyuserfield_edit.gif Originated on a pre-game lobby system, used to annoy Americans... Good times!
    Basically me and my friend Neil used to troll the DoW lobby chat rooms using two fake accounts. D4RK ONION and BURNING POTATO. I'd say "I love George Bush (this was a few years ago), he's the best president ever!!", Then Neil would say "F*** YOU BUSH IS A [nasty word]." Then you sit back and watch the chat room erupt into flames. Oh, those were good times indeed!

Historyuserfield_edit.gif Originated on a pre-game lobby system, used to annoy Americans... Good times!
    Basically me and my friend Neil used to troll the DoW lobby chat rooms using two fake accounts. D4RK ONION and BURNING POTATO. I'd say "I love George Bush (this was a few years ago), he's the best president ever!!", Then Neil would say "F*** YOU BUSH IS A [nasty word]." Then you sit back and watch the chat room erupt into flames. Oh, those were good times indeed!
    That's called 'Trolling' D4RK ONION, tut tut:D

• Advertisement

I was young and care free! Besides it was the Dawn of War lobby, that thing was the biggest joke of a chat room ever!

Advertisement