Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Even if that's the case, I'm still more right than EED, who thinks that you get the arts degree regardless of subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

do you ever listen?!? i said thats what i was told but i don't think its true!! i don't think you get a full degree with irish but i had heard the rumour you get it with maths... that may also just be wishful thinking i will admit!

do you ever listen?!? i said thats what i was told but i don't think its true!! i don't think you get a full degree with irish but i had heard the rumour you get it with maths... that may also just be wishful thinking i will admit!
    I always listen! I'm a listening machine. I was born to listen! I was listening when you were still in nappies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I'm hugely confused Ted. :confused:

Never mind Ron, EED has signed out and therefore, conceded to me. When are you off for the holidays?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

See, this is why we need our own forum! This thread is a crazy mixture of important stuff and general off-topic chat...

It's being dealt with, we'll have our answer soon enough :) And I'm sure Sceptre would be happy to be rid of us :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It's being dealt with, we'll have our answer soon enough :) And I'm sure Sceptre would be happy to be rid of us :P

Hmmm, nice work on bringing that thread back into the light. (I found out what all your little hints were about :P )

Oh, in college-related stuff, I'm making it my mission next semester to get more people into the Creative Writing society. For a college with such a reputation for high-calibre students, it's a shame more of them don't show off their creative talents the same way they do with sports.

And I'll be starting my either

a) Gaming Soc
    b) All things nerdy/alternative Soc

Next year. Suggestions from anyone would be nice :)

Hmmm, nice work on bringing that thread back into the light. (I found out what all your little hints were about :P )

Oh, in college-related stuff, I'm making it my mission next semester to get more people into the Creative Writing society. For a college with such a reputation for high-calibre students, it's a shame more of them don't show off their creative talents the same way they do with sports.

Would that be The Razors Edge yeah?

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    Would that be The Razors Edge yeah?

Yup, that's the one. Or at least, that's how it was best known. The Razors Edge name has seemed more like a sub-heading in the time I've been involved...

Yup, that's the one. Or at least, that's how it was best known. The Razors Edge name has seemed more like a sub-heading in the time I've been involved...

My friend set that up. I was the one signing people up to it in the lounge. Or as it really was - bribing them with sweets. :D

That was around 2005/06

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

For a college with such a reputation for high-calibre students, it's a shame more of them don't show off their creative talents

There is a creative writing notice board near the music practice rooms where some creative writing stuff is on display...So there are a few people actively involved.

My two cents; from being involved and running various socs in the past/present, people tend to join and then eventually stop taking part. Mary I is the type of college where clubs and socs are not really sustainable due to the workload required of everyone. The poker soc; great idea, but bombed once the initial exec left it. Generally there are a set number of people who take part and run the soc, but once they are gone or too busy the soc dies.

So when d4rk sets up his
    a) Gaming Soc
    b) All things nerdy/alternative Soc
    it will probably meet an untimely end before jan 2011
    Just the way things are unfortunately.

If it can entertain me with n00bs to beat for my last 4 months, I'll be happy!

I reckon it could be successful for a while..until exams and assignments start pilling up.

I think I'll bring up my ps3 next semester..so I'm on board.

There is a creative writing notice board near the music practice rooms where some creative writing stuff is on display...So there are a few people actively involved.

Yeah, about 8 of us, spread between 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Years and an MA student... And the girl who made that banner didn't even want it to displayed! There's some good poetry on it though.

so 8 active members..
    about the same in the radio society/wired

Damn, that's a good point. I'm hoping to get back into that, and I think D4RK ONION will be too.

And we have 8ish regular posters! I'm seeing a pattern here...

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

I always listen! I'm a listening machine. I was born to listen! I was listening when you were still in nappies!

Since when did you start sounding like Howard Moon?

• Advertisement

Some time during the eon of that post and your last one Ribenahead... You need to work on your consistency!

"If" I have the time I wouldn't mind throwing on the auld xbox for a few games. I used to be pretty handy at Halo 3 but I haven't played in ages. Used to play in Quake 3 competitions in UL many moons ago. Haven't bought a game in ages though - all I have is Guitar Hero, Halo 3 and GTA.

The good thing about a gamer society is that you can sit on your ass at home and set up a game over the net. Laziness is not an option.

Ha, Quake 3, oldschool! I wouldn't mind having a bit of a GH off against you, I'm okay at it...
    :p

Don't encourage him!!
    I wouldn't mind having a bit of a GH off against you, I'm okay at it

Right mr.onion, I am counting on you setting up a soc! (a soc that is not xbox exclusive)

Yes but Guitar Hero cannot be played sober. :D

i for one will not be joining this soc! unless of course ye need extra names... very probable! but i will not be partaking.....

aaanyways, what are peoples plans for end of AEE/exams??

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Some time during the eon of that post and your last one Ribenahead... You need to work on your consistency!

Nothing wrong with dropping in and out... Twice today though - now there's inconsistency if ever I've seen it....

@EED - end of exams = meal in Scott's and heading home for Christmas. It's been 6 weeks since I've been back home so have to go out there!

What's everyone else up to?

Don't encourage him!!
    Right mr.onion, I am counting on you setting up a soc! (a soc that is not xbox exclusive)
    Xbox 4 Life! I don't know how I'll be doing, we must brain storm at some point!
    RonMexico wrote: »
    Yes but Guitar Hero cannot be played sober. :D
    Well, there's no way I could be as pathetically brilliant if I was drunk! Expert+Alcohol= Not good!
    i for one will not be joining this soc! unless of course ye need extra names... very probable! but i will not be partaking.....

aaanyways, what are peoples plans for end of AEE/exams??
    TBH, if we don't get enough names, I'll just make it an unofficial meet up style thing, do some public booth days and let the numbers build that way. I have actually thought about this!

Also, why wouldn't you join? It's not like we're going to be teh eli7e gamerz thing, it's just going to be a bit of a laugh, a bit of a get together, some drinks, some food and some games. Haven't ye ever been to a lan party :eek: I'd love if you were on board EED
    RibenaHead wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with dropping in and out... Twice today though - now there's inconsistency if ever I've seen it...
    Wouldn't that be consistency? Am I being thick? Either way, congrats on nearly being done :D

And that my friends, is how you multi quote!

Also, why wouldn't you join? It's not like we're going to be teh eli7e gamerz thing, it's just going to be a bit of a laugh, a bit of a get together, some drinks, some food and some games. Haven't ye ever been to a lan party :eek: I'd love if you were on board EED

don't like or play video games! and nope never been to a lan party and never going, been at the start of many and made my exit pretty snappy! i do like food though... and drinks.... and occasionally get togethers.... pity bout the games, its gona suck without me :p

• Advertisement

don't like or play video games! and nope never been to a lan party and never going, been at the start of many and made my exit pretty snappy! i do like food though... and drinks.... and occasionally get togethers.... pity bout the games, its gona suck without me :p

We can just join the all-encompassing "Nerd Soc" instead of the gamer-society. :)
    Apparently, being awesome at Pro Evo 2009 isn't good enough to be considered a real gamer :pac:

Whatever happens, it'll be a mad semester...

Advertisement