Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

haaaappyyyy christmas!!!!

and dont give me that 'its only christmas eve' melarky, the day has christmas in the title!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Teaching labs, lecture halls, a 500 seat theatre, a new shop, accommodation (for visitors I'd say), offices, computer labs, student lounge... and maybe a canteen

also including new health centre, and they are going to get a cafe/sandwich place in. Last years su wanted a subway restaurant, but apparently o'briens were interested..but that could have changed since the new exec took over..

There were also plans to demolish the existing lounge and halla so as to create a proper performance space for all the musicals and such that seem to go on in Mary I...
    Again, this could have changed since the recession and all that.

Welcome to the new guy btw!
    Take what d4rk onion says with a pinch of salt..he genuinely doesn't mean to cause offence or whatever :D

Take what d4rk onion says with a pinch of salt..he genuinely doesn't mean to cause offence or whatever :D

you sure bout that? :p

yes yes, welcome new person.... not gona call you a guy seeing as you are remaining anonymous and we have yet to confirm your sex!

oooh and i love mustard!!!! nom nom nom

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

dambarude wrote: »
    I'd rather my anonymity within the college follow me into cyberworld I'm afraid!
    I'll find out eventually :D
    Mustard is the most revolting foodstuff that I have ever come across.
    Ha, I meant never insult the Mustard forum. It was founded by very powerful people within the site. They like Mustard.
    True dat homie. I'm down with the cool dudes and whatever, and I be all meanin' no harm and ting... *cough*
    you sure bout that? :p
    :(
    yes yes, welcome new person.... not gona call you a guy seeing as you are remaining anonymous and we have yet to confirm your sex!
    *tee hee* ;)
    oooh and i love mustard!!!! nom nom nom
    Mustard ---->

Merry Christmas one and all! Have a good one, and be sure to call in and say hello over the holidays!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Nollaig faoi shéan is faoi mhaise daoibh go léir!

Don't eat too much turkey/mustard/whatever floats your boat :pac:!

• Advertisement

dambarude wrote: »
    Nollaig faoi shéan is faoi mhaise daoibh go léir!

Don't eat too much turkey/mustard/whatever floats your boat :pac:!
    He's speaking in some sort of strange code... Hmmm...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nollaig shona duitse freisin Dambarude, is do ghach duine eile anseo freisin (fiú na daoine a ligeann orthu nach dtuigeann siad :rolleyes: )

So how was Christmas for everyone? Any nice pressies?

stupid ice means I'm stuck in my house tonight :(

i was housebound today too!! its the third day of christmas, being housebound was inthinkable.. though clearly we had to think about it! first time ever we didnt have third day of christmas, its been postponed! i hate ice!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Santa dropped my present off three weeks early :D
    Got a lovely new guitar at the start of the month, had to pick it up early for a gig.
    Hopefully now I'll be able to get involved with the Live Music Society this semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I wish I had the time to get guitar lessons. I have a Gibson Les Paul Special after all... (Don't ask it is a long story)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

A biteen off topic here...

Trying to think of somewhere decent to go for our class party... It's only a small group (31 of us) so somewhere small would probably suit best... Any suggestions?

Left a comment on the facebook group page..

Happy new years in advance people!!

Also the results are officially out at the end of week 1, but the ul results are out the 21st, and I've gotten mine on the same day for each of the last few results, so worth a try if you want to see them a week early.

RonMexico wrote: »
    I wish I had the time to get guitar lessons. I have a Gibson Les Paul Special after all... (Don't ask it is a long story)
    I'll teach you in return for a bed of some sort!

Ribenahead, have a street fighter party. They're awesome

Also the results are officially out at the end of week 1, but the ul results are out the 21st, and I've gotten mine on the same day for each of the last few results, so worth a try if you want to see them a week early.

Yeah, same for me last Christmas. They took them down later in the day though I think... Some people didn't get to www.si.ul.ie in time to see them.

I don't know what my results are going to be like... There was a major *cough* mishap during one of my exams... it will interesting to see how it affects the results.

RibenaHead wrote: »
    A biteen off topic here...

Trying to think of somewhere decent to go for our class party... It's only a small group (31 of us) so somewhere small would probably suit best... Any suggestions?

The Wicked Chicken!
    Or, more likely to please the crowd, the Cornmarket bar is open again (but only Thursday to Sunday nights) or the Cuckoo Box. Charlie Chaplin's have hosted a few great class parties as well...

GO TO BED!

Rock Band or failing that, and more likely, a Karaoke night is always good fun.

You go to bed! :P

We did karaoke in Charlie's once. I believe I performed "Total Eclipse of the Heart", and did rather admirably :D
    Think it cost a bit to organise that though. You'd want to be pretty sure of getting big numbers before doing anything special.

Turns out my battery is empty, so I will be going to bed now after-all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

You go to bed! :P

We did karaoke in Charlie's once. I believe I performed "Total Eclipse of the Heart", and did rather admirably :D

Please tell me it was this version

• Advertisement

that would have been epic!!

A karaoke party would be fun, but a few of our class would probably be too shy to bother...until we got them suitably alcohol fueled..lol

Paintballing would rock...
    a meal would be cool too

A karaoke party would be fun, but a few of our class would probably be too shy to bother...until we got them suitably alcohol fueled..lol

Paintballing would rock...
    a meal would be cool too

Just give Bella Anam the micro-phone and nobody else will have to do any singing ;)

Paintballing is free for January and February. Pay for the rounds you fire and nothing more. Well worth checking out.

If ye go to Luigi Malones, just order one meal, that'll feed about 14 people :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

where is this free paintballing you say?

where is this free paintballing you say?

Combat Zone have a special offer on for the next 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Same... but I'd rather get them on the 12th (of never) - got a feeling I may be resitting some in August!

free paintballing...I like this..then luigis for food after!

Exams..I have accepted that my qca is taking a dive this semseter :(
    ah well, no point dwelling on the past!

what are people doing for new years?

We're having a fun end-of-the-year "awards" ceremony on the C&H forum at the moment.
    D4RK ONION and I need your help!

Click this link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055781746
    and vote for D4RK ONION + Insect Overlord.

It's all about the guy love :p

Come on guys, don't compromise, it's guy love!

BETWEEN
    TWO
    GUYS!

I'm here all week :)

• Advertisement

done and done.
    Good luck with the relationship :D

So moving on...

Advertisement