Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

UL results are out a week before ours methinks. I'd say, check that day anyway. I don't think that quote really proves that anything different will happen this year. It usually says something about MIC results too as far as I can remember.

As for the timetable. It doesn't usually go up til the Thursday or Friday before we go back. If it's the same as last year's 3rd year psychs then we'll have Fridays off! Starting at 9, 10, 11, 10 Mon-Thurs and finishing at 6, 6, 5, 6. Also, that includes TRIPLE psych in G11 on a Thursday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

So basically 9-6 for 4 days..and fridays off..
    euh!!

Yup, sounds about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

now now children; lets not turn this into an argument.
    The Ba degree is just as good a course as any in Mary i

(if you want to mock a course pick on the ecce people lol)

Thanks Denis. I'll remember that.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

ECCE people are lovely. I don't know any of them. But I'm sure they're lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

speaking of timetables, anybody have any idea what ours is going to be like??

Thanks Denis. I'll remember that.

Who is this boomkatalog person, and how do you know me? :O

speaking of timetables, anybody have any idea what ours is going to be like??

Don't have last year's one for 3rd year B. Eds but I know that Ped Ops were timetabled as two doubles, Monday 4-6 and Thursday 4-6

eugh that does not sound fun!! i'm presuming we have all 9 o' clock starts too..... yay for living in mary i for the next 4 months! :(

i'm presuming we have all 9 o' clock starts too(

Not too sure about that... Depends on the groups I suppose!

• Advertisement

well here's hoping for a couple of sleep in's!

Onion and anyone else who was looking, did you manage to find accommodation for the coming semester??

Everyone watch the All-Ireland Talent Show tonight 6.30 RTE 1 and vote Bella Anam.
    A girl in 3rd year B.ed and Psych is part of Bella Anam..
    Go Siobhán wuhoo!!

Fantastic performance by Bella Anam. So glad they got the wildcard after that unjust "3"

• Registered Users Posts: 59,626 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Delighted for the two girls getting through - particularly after the ripping they received from 'that chap from some pop group'. I really admire how they kept their composure during the results announcement- they must have been tearing up inside.

I hope they go on to win - I've heard them sing in Tralee and they have exquisite voices, genuinely talented.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Well done Bella Anam. If it wasn't for that, ahem, 'singer' who gave them 3 they might have got straight into the finals.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

well here's hoping for a couple of sleep in's!

Onion and anyone else who was looking, did you manage to find accommodation for the coming semester??

No, not yet. By the way, if that's an offer of a room, I'll jump on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

@RonMexico, how's the Ph.D going for you?

Grand so far :) Just trying to get another chapter off the ground which can be a pain, it is like the opening of an essay, you take forever to get the first paragraph down but once you do the rest flows along nicely. Doing A Ph.D is not actually that difficult once you have decided on a topic. I suppose the most challenging part is staying motivated. Your social life becomes almost non-existant - the Ph.D just takes over for the best part of three years. I guess if you are not obsessed with the topic then forget about it as it is really the only way you can get through it. It also helps if the person you are writing about is hilarious :D Half the time I am doing my research I am laughing my ass off.

What topic are you doing, RonMexico?

The life and work of this guy:

sq-with-gun-1990.jpg

You might have seen the movie version of his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I'd highly recommend the book (first) and then the film. Hilarious. :D

Ah I loved that movie!!
    Legend of a subject for your ph.d

• Advertisement

Hehe yeah it tends to raise a few eyebrows alright. :D Just proves that a Ph.D doesn't have to be stuffy boring work.

Check out this interview that he did with Conan O'Brien. Conan said it was his favourite interview ever:

http://dumpalink.com/videos/Conan_obrian_and_hunter_s_thompson-c7ga.html

Semester 2 timetables are up
    http://www.mic.ul.ie/studentservices/Timetables%2009%2010%20Sem%202.html

...and they are absolutely horrific!

9-6 monday, 5 psych lectures in 6 hrs on wednesdays..1 lecture on friday, but its at 3, and its sign out..so we have to stay for it :(
    grrr

Ouch !:eek:

9-6 monday, 5 psych lectures in 6 hrs on wednesdays..1 lecture on friday, but its at 3, and its sign out..so we have to stay for it :(
    grrr

but we're not in til 2pm on Thursdays! Wednesday night may just become the new Monday, Tues or Thursday!

What's FYP Preparation anyone?

FYP = Final Year Project.

The funs starts now :pac:

What subjects are you doing dambarude?

RonMexico wrote: »
    FYP = Final Year Project.

The funs starts now :pac:

What subjects are you doing dambarude?

I'm a B.Ed Psych... so Psychology :). But I've a feeling that Second year psych students don't have FYP prep until third year? Someone please tell me this is true! If it isn't I'll miss my bus home on Friday evening, because that lecture is at three o'clock! :(:mad:And I'm used to having Fridays completely off at this stage as well!:mad::(:eek::rolleyes::pac:

AAAHHH! SMILEY FACE!
    :pac::confused::P:cool::eek::(

You could be right there dambarude, I remember last years B.Ed Psych students doing their fyp later than the rest.

dambarude wrote: »
    I'm a B.Ed Psych... so Psychology :). But I've a feeling that Second year psych students don't have FYP prep until third year? Someone please tell me this is true!

This is true. I'm a third year B. Ed. Psych. and we didn't have to go to that lecture at all. Not sure why they put it on the timetable. It's not done til 3rd year.

• Advertisement

RibenaHead wrote: »
    This is true. I'm a third year B. Ed. Psych. and we didn't have to go to that lecture at all. Not sure why they put it on the timetable. It's not done til 3rd year.

If I could give you 10 thanks I would RibenaHead!
    Thank You! * 10

Advertisement